Tile cleaning products - have you tried viper venom or renew?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I've been using them for a few jobs now and some seem to clean up great, some not so much.Today cleaned some dark gray grout. After the cleaning the grout still had kind of a white haze to it. Looked better wet! Would a different product have made a difference? Doubt it.

Just wondering how aggressive are these products are compared to others.

p.s. I'm not a tile guru......!

StayedReady

Name
Joe Quiocho
We carry both and they both work fine. I personally love SC-210. The stuffs great on everything. Best of luck.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't consider myself a tile guru either but I've been using Viper Venom for years and would say it works really well. I think I usually mic it 1:1 with as hot water as possible and allow a few minutes to dwell. Whenever the grout doesn't quite clean up the way I like I usually think it's because I don't have a huge slide in TM that breathes fire. I could be wrong though, let us know if you find something better...

The Clean Machine

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I've been using them for a few jobs now and some seem to clean up great, some not so much.Today cleaned some dark gray grout. After the cleaning the grout still had kind of a white haze to it. Looked better wet! Would a different product have made a difference? Doubt it.

Just wondering how aggressive are these products are compared to others.

p.s. I'm not a tile guru......!

I don't think the "white stuff" is related to your chems. I would think its an efflorescence situation...

Last edited:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I think white powdery looking deposits are best removed wit acids.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
White powdery haze, especially if on the grout more than on the tile, is likely efflorescence. It does clean up with acid like Viper Renew. The real trick to remove efflorescence is to not allow water to get back down into the grout. Just clean the surface with limited amount of moisture. Dry quickly.

Viper Venom now comes in a powder form with Citrus Solv added. A better fragrance and the powder is more economical than the liquid version. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CR23A

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I quit using viper venom because of the cost and went to shorebest 2790. When viper venom was released as a powder I started using it again and like it. I like the powder for its stability and its much more economical than the liquid.

Reactions: J Scott W
My guess is you are not rinsing it good enough and have residue left. Slow down and rinse better. Also make sure you are running 2 inch hose to the tool and not using a whip hose.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
We turn off our carpet cleaning rinsing detergent and use only water for rinsing the pre spray off tile. If you use a rinse detergent for carpets and left it on for the tile, perhaps that caused the problem.

Reactions: Russ T.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Next time ask the homeowner if they have cleaned with oxyclean or baking soda before. If so, it will wick back up on some darker grouts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Thanks fella's...

We turn off our carpet cleaning rinsing detergent and use only water for rinsing the pre spray off tile. If you use a rinse detergent for carpets and left it on for the tile, perhaps that caused the problem.

I'm not a guru, but this I do know:razz:

My guess is you are not rinsing it good enough and have residue left.

If anything it got rinsed way more than normal because it didn't look great.

All the other rooms looked fine, this was a bathroom.
Kind of like it was "in" the grout. Thanks for the info about the products, nice to know they don't suck.

View attachment 4313

View attachment 4312

View attachment 4311

Back
Top Bottom