Tile Cleaning

Nsabo21

Name
Nick
New to cleaning tile and grout. What product is the best to use for this? Spinner? Wand? Make? Model? And what product do I need prior to cleaning the tile. A pre spray for example. Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
New to cleaning tile and grout. What product is the best to use for this? Spinner? Wand? Make? Model? And what product do I need prior to cleaning the tile. A pre spray for example. Thanks

to be a Pro you'll need the following:

Education
The ability to properly ID most tile, stone and synthetics
Grout and caulking repair skills

a truckmount
a TH40 tile spinner
a hard surface wand (Westpak makes the best currently)
a 175/floor buffer with various brushes and pads
various grout brushes
flat mop and various heads
lots of chemistry

good insurance.

Nsabo21

Name
Nick
to be a Pro you'll need the following:

Education
The ability to properly ID most tile, stone and synthetics
Grout and caulking repair skills

a truckmount
a TH40 tile spinner
a hard surface wand (Westpak makes the best currently)
a 175/floor buffer with various brushes and pads
various grout brushes
flat mop and various heads
lots of chemistry

good insurance.
Thanks Mikey. Appreciate the advice

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You need to know way more than just the right tools and chemicals. Take a hands on class first. Otherwise...don't go any more technical than ceramic tile with a westpac tile wand and your carpet prespray. If you can't fully determine what ceramic tile is...don't even touch it.

Because there's ways and methods that can screw up the customer's property (when and how to use tile acid, overspray on delicate items, footprints on delicate floors, etc.) that a class would give you good direction.

I know, because I've learned through trial and error only on my 18th year, and I regret not taking a class yet. I'm good at delivering that service now, but I hate the feeling of using the customer's floor for education.

Nsabo21

Name
Nick
You need to know way more than just the right tools and chemicals. Take a hands on class first. Otherwise...don't go any more technical than ceramic tile with a westpac tile wand and your carpet prespray. If you can't fully determine what ceramic tile is...don't even touch it.

Because there's ways and methods that can screw up the customer's property (when and how to use tile acid, overspray on delicate items, footprints on delicate floors, etc.) that a class would give you good direction.

I know, because I've learned through trial and error only on my 18th year, and I regret not taking a class yet. I'm good at delivering that service now, but I hate the feeling of using the customer's floor for education.
Thanks Matt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom