Tile & color sealing marketing

TimP

What's the best way to go about marketing to get tile/grout jobs and color sealing. I would like to focus on getting color sealing jobs of course but I would love to get more tile/grout cleaning jobs. I'm looking to expanding my area to get these jobs out of my area as tile/grout cleaning and color sealing aren't something the hacks have figured out yet as far as I know, especially color sealing.

I want to advertise to get these jobs so I'm looking for the best way to make an advertisement to get customers to call.

CapeCleaner

There is always "regular" advertising; newspaper inserts (some success lately), the YP, postcards to high-end residential areas.

Some non-traditional avenues to pursue are:

Contractors - Even if a contractor covers a new tile floor after installation, the paper never seems to last long and rarely gets replaced. The floor is walked on and gets dirty. Sell a quick clean - and seal if necessary - before the house is delivered to the client.

Floor covering stores - Partner with them to offer their clients a free cleaning within a year of purchasing flooring. Give the store a good price so they are still making money from the sale. The store can promote this to help sell flooring and it gets you into the house of a potential client. A good way to create a repeat client when they see the difference your service makes after even a year. Goes for carpets as well.

Tile installers - You can sell them on color sealing pretty easily if they have ever had an install job where the grout was not the correct color or the client just didn't like it. Again, you're creating a win-win situation. You're helping the installer keep a client happy and saving him a lot of aggravation and the cost of potentially having to regrout the installation. You have the opportunity to interact with a potential client by doing a color seal demo to help them choose the correct color. They are also a good referral source.

Craigslist - A lot of people look at CL to find local services.

Once you get into a house, do a color seal demo. If you can do this, you'll sell the color sealing 90% of the time. If you don't already have it, order the salesman kit from Grout Perfect. Use a small plastic tool box (like a tackle box) and add to it a bottle of cleaner (I use Klenzall), a bottle of floor stripper, a grout brush, and some toothbrushes for applying the color seal. The cleaner is used to clean a couple of grout lines on which to put the color seal and the stripper is used to remove it. The box keeps everything organized and sets a tone of professionalism for the client.

I'll email you a recent insert that worked OK.

Hope this is helpful.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Maybe the biggest thing is just getting the word out. I've seen very little tile & grout-only advertising. I'd bet a lot of people don't even know you can clean it, let alone color and seal it.

tile_cleaning_ad.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Try letting your tile store to allow you to set up a demo table on a Monday morning for the tile setters to see the difference between clear and color seals.

give out doughnuts too.

Keep in mind most of them will have seen the Liquid Paper/Home Depot color seal jobs and be pessimistic about it's longevity and final look. Bring lots of demo boards and photographs.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mikey P said:
Try letting your tile store to allow you to set up a demo table on a Monday morning for the tile setters to see the difference between clear and color seals.

give out doughnuts too.

Keep in mind most of them will have seen the Liquid Paper/Home Depot color seal jobs and be pessimistic about it's longevity and final look. Bring lots of demo boards and photographs.

Very cool idea, do you speak from experience?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom