Tile edging tool

hogjowl

Idiot™
There is a supplier in this business that simply drives me crazy. I can't just call and order something from him ... on no ... I have to justify my purchasing decisions and get his approval first! Good grief! :lol:

Anyway, today I asked him for a price on a tile edging wand ... stand up variety ... and he told me what I wanted was "stupid".

So, my question to you guys is ... what tile edging tool do you like?

I want one that will allow me to clean up to the baseboard, while standing up. Currently I am using a PMF tool that is a hand tool. Many of you will recognize it by Magic Wands name of "Magic Grinder". I like it, but of course it gets old having to squat down to edge with it.

Mikey P

Administrator
photobucket-77360-1321030818249.jpg

photobucket-83492-1321030801080.jpg

PMF custom made with S bend, extra long and 2 inch adaptor

hogjowl

Idiot™
Potential problem I see with that wand is the head width. I need one that I can get into corners behind toilets and in tight places in small bathrooms and laundry rooms. I don't want a two inch hose connector either. I want to use a 1.5 inch whip. Way too much twisting around corners and tight places with the tile cleaning I do.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Unfortunately there isn't a tool available for what you want Marty. The Gecko would be ideal but the spray pattern leaves too much on the sides. Either a modified gecko with a few jets to cover the whole width or possibly chop about an inch off each side of the head.

I made my own from pvc fittings. The brush for it is the biggest pita as I have to bend a straight piece. I've yet to find a source for round brush attachments.

Albert

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I own the Turbo, hand turbo, cobra, and Gecko with both narrow and wide attachments.....and after 10 years of cleaning tile I use the turbo and literally lift side of it up to get baseboard and edge. If need be in tight areas like the shitter I'll use the cobra. Other than that everything else stays in the truck....for past 6 years or so.

curt johnson said:
I own the Turbo, hand turbo, cobra, and Gecko with both narrow and wide attachments.....and after 10 years of cleaning tile I use the turbo and literally lift side of it up to get baseboard and edge. If need be in tight areas like the shitter I'll use the cobra. Other than that everything else stays in the truck....for past 6 years or so.

Yes and really all you have to do is scrub with a brush that will get in corners and under the baseboards, and then just tilt the tool and then let the vacuum pull the water back up. For toilets just scrub the area good with grout brush, flood the area with water, and then suck the water up with vac hose. If you want to go all out, wipe the area dry with a towel.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Not always Daniel, my boy. When you get busier and have a few more jobs under your belt you will understand.

Anyway, my cranky supplier didn't understand my original email to him. We now have an understanding of what I want and we agree on what it is.

It has been ordered and will be here sometime withing the next two months.

Why I always order tools during the Christmas shipping season is beyond me ... but it happens every year.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I like the gecko tool with one jet and 5" head.

It works great for running really nasty grout lines too.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Marty....I understand exactly what you mean.....I read your post. I, also, don't want to kneel down to clean the edges and corners anymore. I took my carpet crevice tool, the stand up model (PMF, I think), with internal jet, and bought a rubber boot from Sunbelt that fits the metal edge to prevent scatching. It's a PITA sometimes, but I ain't down on my knees anymore. The first person to invent and produce a perfect edging wand will be a gad-zillion-aire.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Gecko needs to make a wand about 2 inches wide with 2 jets and 2 triggers. One for the left jet and one for the right, jet to get in tight places.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got the PMF W159OSB. It is perfect for what I want. It is my magic grinder hand tool, except it is made into a full length wand.

Bought it from Joe.

hogjowl

Idiot™
They'd have to come down $100 off that price to match the one I got. Seriously! Plus, I was sorta joking about the shipping. UPS is slow this time of year though, but EVERY supplier suffers equally.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
That looks like the same wand I use for edging except for the brush attachment, jet and valve. I called pmf sometime ago to see if they sell the brush so that I can adopt it but they said they couldn't.

Let us know how it works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom