Tile grout question

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Have a 6'x7' shower with 1" black and white tile on the floor and 4" on the walls. Cleaned up pretty well except for some water spotting and the white grout that had 10 years of water contact is a little tan. Used high alkaline cleaner then an acid cleaner. Question is about a grout color seal on the 1" tiles and a polishing powder for the waterspots. Tried a stronger (hydroflouric) on some sample tile for the water spots and it dulled the white but the black was unaffected. How long will the color seal last with regular cleanings?
Al

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Not all color seals are created equal. We use Grout Perfect. I've done CS on showers, haven't had any issues. Some people won't do it due to the moisture content. I personally do not warrant more than a year on these jobs, too many variables. Clients just won't follow directions to maintain their tiles or they'll use the wrong methods to clean, than at last resort will call you.

If they follow directions, maintain it properly, and have you come back once a year, than it should last over 10+ years.

You can give them a lifetime warranty as long as they have have you come back once a year to maintain the grout(tile). If they break the year, than the warranty is voided.

I'd recommend waiting 3-5 days before using the shower after CS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom