Tile problems

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
bb6fb71d.jpg

This is my tile in the bathroom, so no lost sleep here. After I clean it, it gets the lines around it about a half inch in. They go away, but sometimes come back after I take a shower. What is it, what causes it, or what else can you guys tell me about it in case it happens at a customers house.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I haven't ever sealed the grout. Lived here 2 years and have cleaned them 3 times. Could it be left over from someone else? I haven't cleaned them with acid.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I agree with Dave, moisture. Do you have loose grout or tiles?. If the install is solid try color sealing the grout.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

As a flooring Inspector, I see defective tiles like that coming out of the box. During manufacturing apparently the uncured ceramic gets compressed at the edges, which makes it appear different than the rest of the tile. Could this be your problem, if so you may have a manufacturing complaint, if it was sold as #1 stuff.

Thx,
Dale

Name
Steve Lawrence
I like Dale's answer as it addresses the uniformity of the problem. Seems that a moisture problem would be more irregular.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Dales answer was the same as mine unless I don't totally understand his. Cracks around the edge of the tiles get moisture under them when cleaned and discolor till they dry out unusually 2-3 days then look totally normal. That is what I dealt with a few years ago when a lady tried to force me to reptile her house after a cleaning.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I like Dales answer simply because he doesn't post enough for me to know for sure if he is as stupid as the rest of us who hang out here daily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom