Timbucktoo Truckmounts?

G

Anyone have anything experience with this company's tms?

Thanks,

Phil

Scott Hayward

Phil,

Several months ago I saw one in pieces in a local shop. I asked about it and received an earful from the mechanic who was trying to get it back in working condition. It was fairly new.

Sorry...this is all third hand information and I have never owned one so I can't give you my opinion on it but the mechanic was very knowledgeable in his field and was trying to rebuild this thing so it would work. It wasn't the engine that went bad, it was just how the whole thing was put together. Every company has a bad apple once in a while so I would say try to look for a machine that you can get local service on and/or is simple and you can get good customer support in case something does go wrong.

Scott

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
YES!!!! My first TM was a Timbucktu...my advice to you, RUN>>>>>>FAST!!, I had the 18hp with the 36 blower...more problems than you could ever imagine. PM me if you want more details.

Take care,
Lisa

mikenorlen

stay away

Timbucktu too much trouble I he had mine for 6 years I had problems with the heat (too much so that it was blowing the water line ) blower had to be replaced in the first year loyts of trouble with warranty.I felt like it was Frankenstiened together . :evil: :cry:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Out of respect

Out of respect for this forum, I shall post my knowledge of Timbuktoo in another room.

Cheers,

Shorty.

Jeff Higdon

I have never seen one of their truckmounts, but I have both owned and worked on several of their portables, and they were top of the line. In fact, I just sold my TMI extractor two weeks ago. Just because they make a good portable certainly doesn't qualify them as being able to make a good truckmount. I used to own a century 400 truckmount that was a piece of junk, although their Ninja extractors are excellent.
Jeff H.

G

Thanks. I think I'll run away.

I have an astro van and have now been told by the guy at Sunbelt USA that there is NO gas powered TM you can put in an astro without messing the vehicle up. The cargo capacity just ain't large enough.

The brakes and suspension will get messed up.

Phil

astro

we have a lot of nitros in astro vans, you will have to put air shocks on it for about $50.00 .

thanks

les

B60.jpg

Showroom13.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you could put a smaller one in like les's there....just cant haul water with it

Jeff Higdon

You can put a small unit in like mentioned above. You may not be able to carry every tool you own, but it will hold a small truckmount. I have a used one for sale in the swapmeat section that only weighs 275 pounds. The hose reel that goes with it might be a little large, but it would work. I would just carry 150' of hose to save on weight.
Most of the small truckmounts can run 125-150' of hose. I would dump the waste tank after each job, and hook onto the customers water instead of carrying it. If you have carpet, yank it out and go to Walmart and get a bedliner kit for about $50.
Jeff H.

G

That Ford Aurostar is similar in size to the Chev Astro.. Astro is higher.

Back
Top Bottom