Time for a rebuild

Scott Rogers

After 10 years of hard, mostly trouble free, work. Shes starting to look tired. Still running good but couldnt see sticking it into a new van like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Designed a new frame. Built a prototype out of wood and took it to a fabricator, told him to copy it using. 1/4" plate on 1/4" 1.5 tube (top rails) 3/16" tube everywhere else and 1/4" aluminum face plate.

primary concerns.

1. large enough to fit bigger blower and engine when time comes
2. ability to mount virtually any type of pump
3. pump and plumbing must fit completely inside the frame 100% of the time (no pump hanging unprotected off the side of the frame)
4. everything easily accessible.
5. engine mounted on slide plate to make easy belt and coupler changes.

turned out great and rock solid

And here she is put together. pretty much the only original thing left though is the blower and the heater.

I can pull the engine in under 5 minutes.
coupler change under 5.
Belt change takes under 7
pull pressure pump or dump pump in under 10.
pull electric vac reel in 3 minutes
pull fill and dump reel in 3 min

Quick and easy set ups and wrap ups at the job site.

Plenty of room in the front for what ever is needed.

Big OP, electric sprayer and whitaker CBM, spare wand fit in the shelf along with 12 gallons of chemicals.

And still plenty of room for my M5 of 2 more Big OPs or what ever.

Still have quite a bit to do, but its getting there.

Last edited:

Scott Rogers

Did you buy your machine new? How big is your motor and blower?

built it. Its a 25 hp with a 45 blower. general high heat pump and a dayton pump out.

started out a a refurbish job on my 25/45 Accelerated TM, but really the only thing left from Accelerated is the blower and the heater

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks great!

I like to pull the units out when the install is looking a little ratty and have my distributor go through the unit, replace belts & hoses, rebuild pump if needed and just check her out while it's out of the truck. We clean up the truck, re-paint the reels, new flooring etc.

Just get her back to looking, ready to rock and roll again!

Reactions: Scott Rogers

Becker

Name
Becker
Retired uhaul?

I see uhaul sells those things with low low miles.. 6k or less a lot of the time.
4.6 v8 rather than the 5.4.

how is the van working out for you?
I've considered buying one.

Nice way to get your moneys worth out of your machine!

I ran a hydramaster for years, by the time I turned it over to my nephew I think only the frame and blower were original. Rebuilt a few times, and converted to propane.

Scott Rogers

Yeah, 2012 e250, had 4200 miles on it. got it for 17.500. Cruse Control, power mirrors/windows/doors, key less entry, back up camera, cloth seats with arm rests, ect. pretty much fully loaded. So got virtually a new van for around half price :-)

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Loving my Tractor Supply sprayer as well, we have beat the HECK out of it for months now, we can clean for days on a single charge. Going to run 12v cord with quick connect from the trucks battery, and splice in to the sprayer battery, no more taking it out every 3 days to charge.

The only thing I think it needs are larger semi-pneumatic tires.

Also, if anyone goes to buy one, unhook the hose from the bottom of the tank, mine was not pumping anything because the plastic wasn't drilled out when the fitting to the pump was put in. Just had to take 3 seconds and drill it out.

I may also install a larger in-line filter and get rid of the choked down tiny screen.

Last edited:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
That looks nice. very clean
How has the heater been to you? I have been looking at that heater but was worried about all of the things that can break on them. I have a lg3 now very simple but not enough heat.

Scott Rogers

That looks nice. very clean
How has the heater been to you? I have been looking at that heater but was worried about all of the things that can break on them. I have a lg3 now very simple but not enough heat.

The heater works great, but requires up-keep. Igniter, gas valve, flow switch, clean jets ect. It is a simple enough system u will quickly become a "expert" in it and learn how to fix/bypass any issues quickly

Name
I'm Rick James
I am doing a rebuild right now, I just got the frame powder coated a week or so ago.

1000206_10200672635756438_289924540_n_zpsc8ac21c7.jpg

533952_10200756292007792_2071867628_n_zps3821a07e.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom