time out.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ya Mikey....wuss up wit dat shit.....

you didn't put enough miles on the purple caddy...is my first guess!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So did my sister BG's out the yingyang!I did like Leo Sayer , Then KISS, then Led Zepplin! Van Halen serious guitar there loved Eddy not as much as Jimmy, but still those dudes were god's! Got into Jeff Beck and Clapton later. You don't want my 80's choice's. Besides U2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
George Valliant
When it's time for me to get mellow I still tune Pandora to the disco station.

Hey DJ, can you play Staying Alive on the flip side?

That was a hot song back in the days of lighted dance floors and dudes sporting perm hair do's.

It was 77 or 78 before hard rock busted onto the scene in Modesto California. Home of George Lucas and his 1st movie American Graffiti about life in Modesto. Lucas picked an unknown actor at the time named Harrison Ford.

The strip in Modesto smoked Vegas until the cops shut it down for good in the late 80's. It was off the hook!

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I actually have a respect for most all music and it's disciplines....

Back then was liking a wide variety of music.

Had a big appreciation for the Horn Bands such as Chicago and Earth, Wind and Fire because the horn lines were a bitch!

Have had to play a few of them and that is a long gig!

Just reading the rhythms on paper is crazy!

Heck, the last gig I did for Little Anthony and the Imperials was a LONG, HARD Gig. 3 sets with them plus the 3 sets with their warm up band which was Sonny Geraci.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Those were cool times. MTV was the shit then...music videos what a unique idea! :icon_cool:

Those were the days.....get out of school...hop in the the 77 Chevy Chevelle......crank up Bob Seger or the Eagles on the 8 track player.......terrorize the neighborhood for awhile....get home.....and turn on MTV for the rest of the day........life was good.........

steve_64

Those were the days.....get out of school...hop in the the 77 Chevy Chevelle......crank up Bob Seger or the Eagles on the 8 track player.......terrorize the neighborhood for awhile....get home.....and turn on MTV for the rest of the day........life was good.........

i thought the 80s kinda sucked for rock other than a few bands. i like the beegees before they went disco though.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
For me, The Seventies were mostly Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers and Aerosmith and Allman Brothers, and Pink Floyd and... Still have old vinyl, but the eight- tracks didn't survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derek

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What are all you old rockers listening to now? My recent playlist is Tom Waits, Lyle Lovett, Guy Clark, John Prine, Ry Cooder.

Stop wasting time with Pandora. Check out Rhapsody. For $10/month you get whatever you want whenever you want it.

Last edited:
Name
George Valliant
Mikey, your a ****ing genius!

Thanks to this thread i discovered they officially re-opened McHenry Avenue for cruising one night a year!

Guaranteed fact i'll be there in June for Graffiti Night.

Be there or be square.

KCRA reporting
http://youtu.be/o2cwmJOPvuQ

Name
George Valliant
at the 1:00 minute mark Chris Murphy declared ( w/ George Lucas at his side)

"Modesto California is the home of American Graffiti, we are the place where rock and roll was born, if not for modesto there would be no Happy Days, no Lenny and Squiggy, no Lavern and Shirley, no Fonze, The Fonze came from Modesto California how good is that?"

http://youtu.be/Dm8A_r8KT5Y

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What are all you old rockers listening to now?
LOL I still like a lot of the old tunes but I actually listen to more alternative and country now. :eekk:

My 24-year old son likes a lot of that old metal music from my past more than I do.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mikey,

For the BeeGees I liked their early albums.The early stuff was very Beatlesque. By the time we got to SNF they were a different band. As I type I am listening to Tom Petty's Buried Treasure show on XM. Just downloaded Dave Masons first album on iTunes. Of course that was recorded before most of you were born.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
At 61,I guess I've done a complete circle from the doo-wop days. Rage Against The Machine. Killing In The Name Of....
http://youtu.be/dxk3c_SbWMg

Also Tool, Low Fidelity Allstarrs, Bobaflex, Janes Addiction, Local H, In This Moment, Volbeat, Living Colour, Chevelle, Beastie Boys,Filter, Spacehog, and for the easier listening, Cranberries, Hall & Oates, Ace, Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck......

If it wasn't for satelite radio, Lithium, Octane.....I wouldn't know 1/2 these tunes.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Holy crap Mike I never would have thought you listened to that! Did you also buy all of Barry Fagalow albums? LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom