time to get serious.....

wpschoch

So I've been cleaning carpets for a mere 2 years now. I added ccing to my window cleaning and pressure washing company because I thought it would be great to be more of a "one stop shop." I bought myself an el diablo and got some IICRC certification. From what I've been reading, my wand could be hindering my dry times. I currently have the 2 jet evolution wand. I love that it weighs next to nothing, but I'm not particularly impressed with it beyond that. Am I right in thinking that the 1.5 inch diameter is making my dry times worse? Not sure how many of you are doing a lot of dry passes or how much of them. Seems like I would be doing dry passes all day to get the carpets to dry within a couple of hours. Do I just need to buy a larger wand?

Thanks,

Billy

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I would recommend you buy a 2" prochem quad jet wand, and get a glide to push it. I really like that wand.

There is only so much air flow you can pull thru a 1.5" diameter, same goes for a 2", but you can pull more air, through the 2 inch allowing you to remove a little more water. It is also heavier as well, and allows you to get more aggressive with your scrubbing. You don't HAVE to get a glide - I push a quad jet for 4 years without one, depends on your preference.

lance

The Prochem quad is a very good wand......but it is really 1.5 inch tube that flares at the end to 1.75

It is made very well and with jet extenders and a glide it is even better. At least with the flared end you can use 2 inch hose.

Also check other things like the lint baskets in the wastetank, leaks in any hoses within the vac system, and the rpm's of the engine while you are cleaning. What is your vac relief set at?

wpschoch

I know a guy who has the prochem titanium. He doesn't do any dry passes and seems to have happy customers. Just hate that it's freaking 1200 bucks. Here's a 4 jet titanium that claims to have 1 hour dry times. Wonder what circumstances that would be true under.

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_page ... ts_id=4802

Vac relief is set at 15. I did a job with my evolution today. I did a TON of dry passes and it half of the house was practically dry when I left. The problem is obviously, that it took forever to clean that way. Everything is completely airtight and all the filters/baskets get cleaned regularly. Rpms are 3000 on avg which is what it's supposed to be.

Can someone describe about how much I should be having to do dry passes with a good wand running on a machine like the el diablo. Seems like the wand is holding me back.

Thanks,

Billy

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I have a pro-chem titanium 4 jet wand, but it needs a valv and a hose. I'll sell it to you for $250.

wpschoch

Erik,

That sounds good, but I'm wondering why you aren't using it. Do you not like it?

Ron,

Were you talking about the 6 or 4 jet titanium?

-Billy

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
he makes the zipper....so he may have gotten for a trade or something else

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
wpschoch said:
Erik,

That sounds good, but I'm wondering why you aren't using it. Do you not like it?

Ron,

Were you talking about the 6 or 4 jet titanium?

-Billy
I have three 6 jet ti wands the 4 jet is 2 inches shorter, And I don't use it.

wpschoch

Erik,

I appreciate the offer. Really looking for something with a 2 inch diameter. Might need to get me a solid greenhorn.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
It is a 2 inch pro-chem titanium wand with a 13 1/2 inch head. There is no dents, and it was hardly used. It just needs a feather touch valve, which is 20$, a hose which is 20$, and you can trick it out however you want it. I stole the valve and the hose for a different wand, but its not the quad jet pro-chem heavy wand. It is the 1st edition of the titanium wand that they don't make anymore. You can actually buy 2 manifolds if you want the 6 jet. This offer is only good for you!

lance

Hey Eric, put me on the waiting list for the wand, PLEEEEEEEEEEse.

I'm not a big-shot like the rest of the guys on here.

wpschoch

Erik,

apparently i'm a fool if i don't take you up on this. the 2 inch doesn't taper down like the quad jet?
Def interested if I'm understanding right. Seems like everyone wants in. Any idea what shipping might be on that thing? Probably not too bad I imagine.

Thanks,

-Billy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom