Time to put together your 2014 business plan and goals

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Does everyone write out their yearly business plan and set goals? Just starting mine for 2014.

Three questions you need to ask yourself

• What specifically do I want to accomplish in 2014?
  • How will I do it?
  • How will I know that I'm on the correct path for my goals?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
First thing I wanna do Mr. Gargan, is come to Knoxville an Slobber on your SS1200, maybe rub it a little : ) Nothing to overly erotic though.

Reality,
Add a few more accounts that will keep us busier during the cooler months. Start a 2nd Genie : )
Charming Personality, My big mouth, a lil Advice from Bawb and spending as little money as possible.
When I have extra money in my pocket and I'm pissed screaming for a day off!

Ask in a year if that worked out : )

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
EXCELLENT Post David!! When you write, I read.

I too am working my 2014 plans. I like to identifiy potential threats also. It might be the way that buyers habbits are changing, or it could bne in the way that customers are finding their businesses to work with. Lots of stuff to consider.

Thanks again David.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Move To Florida!!!!
This weather is about to make my head explode.

How?
More commercial work and Tom has inspired me to put some more effort into referral sources. In our 2nd year i spent some time building referral sources but was wearing more hats then now and didn't stick to most of them. Maybe 6 became good long term repeaters but now i have more time to focus on it.

Reactions: TomKing

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We just sat down and did a SWOT exercise. What are your strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats?

We look at each of our core services and then set monetary goals based on last years sales.

We then ask the question what type of investments will we have to make to accomplish this?

The dollar amount and what you are investing in start to become your goals.

We will add quarterly action items.

We set a five year plan last year for 22% growth annually.

We are at 20.9 for this year.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
It is not just new services. We all have several services so how much do want each to grow?
Carpet, Tile, Upholstery

Can you add a low overhead high profit service? What would it be?

I would ask what does your system for taking work orders look like? Do you offer all services over the phone?

What does your in home presentation look like? Do you set yourself up for offering additional services? Can everyone do it?

How is your follow up systems? Are your guys selling bigger tickets for future trips? Wood refinishing, stone, power washing etc

Who are you referral sources? Who can bring you more business? What are their triggers? Are you hitting them?
How often do you see them? Would seeing them more help? Would to much frequency hurt you?

What where your top 5 advertising sources last year? How much did you spend? If you spent more would it add to your sales?

What sources did not bring ROI well and can you move that money to the top 5?

We were up with carpet 37% this last year. You can only clean so much carpet.

It is the lowest profit service and it has the most number of people competing against you. It took the number one company in Indy almost 20 years to grow to 10 trucks. I know I have a short time in this industry but listening to my mentors carpet trucks may be the hardest service to grow.

I would be asking what service can I dress up? Make them special or luxury. How do I create a niche in the market?

Do what you do better.
EDDM Facebook ads, Yelp, Angie's list, Couponing, Cold calling, PPC can only take you so far if you are not doing them or just starting to use them.

Get more out of the clients you currently serve. Most guys running strong trucks for 8-10 years have 2500 to 5000 customers. Make sure they are using you for everything. We have missed 3 water loss jobs in the last 90 days because our customers did not realize we did restoration.

You know as well as I there is no silver bullet. It takes a good plan and doing a lot of things right consistently over time. Every company and every region of the country is different.

Tom you are obviously growing your biz buy adding services..Rugs, Restoration, Superseal etc.. Lets say you just wanted to clean more carpet, what steps would you take to get more customers and if you say EDDM Im going to punch ya in the throat.

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
First thing I wanna do Mr. Gargan, is come to Knoxville an Slobber on your SS1200, maybe rub it a little : ) Nothing to overly erotic though.

Reality,
Add a few more accounts that will keep us busier during the cooler months. Start a 2nd Genie : )
Charming Personality, My big mouth, a lil Advice from Bawb and spending as little money as possible.
When I have extra money in my pocket and I'm pissed screaming for a day off!

Ask in a year if that worked out : )

a lil Advice from Bawb and spending as little money as possible.

No..nooooo.......Chris...you gots ta spen it ALL......
cuz if you don't the government WILL get it.......

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
No..nooooo.......Chris...you gots ta spen it ALL......
cuz if you don't the government WILL get it.......[/]

Actually glad you brought this up Bawb.

Here's my angry American take on it.

Why the hell should we pay the taxes? The Government accomplished nothing but a buncha bull shit all year. Actually heard on the news that tax returns would be taking considerably longer to process, due to recent scandal and the shut down.

My take on it is this: They get enough of our money through taxation of goods. I can't help it if they have piss poor accounting skills.

Politicians need more money they can get a 2nd job : )

To add some insult too it !
Flames shooting out the top again, that would be just fine with me, might take the family to make smores : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have missed 3 water loss jobs in the last 90 days because our customers did not realize we did restoration.
:eekk:

It happens, we will still get that occasionally or we get the call asking if we do regular carpet cleaning.

Ivan are you coming to Mikeyfest? Want to take my place speaking? Then I can just watch! :headbang:

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Hey Richard, I did not know you were speaking. Had I known, I would have made plans to attend. You are pretty good at playing the dumb guy on this and other forums, but he truth is that you are one of the top restorers in the nation. I would have loved to hear you speak. Hopefully I will catch you on the next go-around. Have fun and good luck.

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom