Time to upgrade

jrizo1

I have been cleaning for over 3 years with a portable I do about 60% tile(commercial) and 40% Carpet(commercial)
I am considering the Range from Sapphire
what do you thin?
any other recommendations?
Thanks

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Of course! A tcs. Www.tcsatl.com I have 3 of them and they just are very reliable. Period. Or a judson but they do cost more and in my opinion not worth the extra cash.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMO...you need to think ahead....if you are ready to pull the trigger and upgrade to a TM....then consider something a bit bigger...

you may be at your 60/40 right now with a portable...but you may find that you are going to be a bit more productive with a TM and those percentages may change.....

Mike Draper

buy a judson, made from 11 gauge stainless steel. TCS cut corners in my opinion by making out of cheap aluminum. Definitely not worth the money. buy it made correctly the first time.:stir:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Are you mechanically inclined?

If not buy a unit that can be serviced as close to home as possible

Agreed. A PTO will also be less maintenance. You'll pay for that convenience a little with a loss of heat/power from a large slide in, but it's worth it to me.

Congratulations and good luck taking these next steps.

The Clean Machine

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd start no lower than the 370, the Rage looked cool but it's entry level and it sounds like you're already an experienced cleaner. Looking at your service mix I'd think the bigger unit will give you better results and probably not affect your monthly payment much spread over the years.

Higher pressure ability (for T&G) and an electric clutch as well as a little added hP make the 370 a better choice than the Rage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've said it before, I think the Rage looks like little more than a temper tantrum or even a hissy fit. No one wants you throwing a fit in their home ;-). Go for the 370 at least, if you're sticking with Sapphire. The 460 might be worth a look too. I don't hear much from guys around here on that one but Sapphire made a big deal about the 460 when it was released last year (I think).

The Clean Machine

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you choose to go the slide in rout, water cooled engines will outlast air cooled ones and make less noise.

If you can afford it, you will not regret it. Does not need to be a monster, if you do not have very long runs.

Reactions: hogjowl

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Your jobs to this point have been limited by your equipment. You will find the same limitations when you go to a TM, but depending on which TM you get, there may be fewer limits. You can go after larger jobs than you had before and do them very efficiently.
If you are that established after 3yrs, you've already outgrown the entry level TM's such as the Rage or the 360.

You won't go wrong with a Judson, they are SO simple to work on, SO simple to work with, very consistent and controllable heat and reliable.

The only thing I don't like about TCS is the kero burner. Its not very consistent with its heat, esp when cleaning furniture. It has great vacuum but the heat source just needs to be tweaked.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you didn't mention what vacs are in your porty...if it's a high performance vac porty, you'll be disappointed with anything less than a 45 blower TM when you run more than a 125-150ft of hose

You can roll your porty 150-200-300ft into a building and have the same performance at the end of 25-50ft of hose all day long.
Not so with a TM...so I'd suggest a TM with a 45 blower

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The only thing I don't like about TCS is the kero burner. Its not very consistent with its heat.

not familiar with what kero burner they use (I thought most of them propane anyway??)
but I've run propane and kero, and I'm not sure what you mean by "not very consistent" ?

..L.T.A.

jrizo1

my portable has two 3 stage vacuums and for Carpet I hoop up my two 3 stage booster to the machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
My portable is kinda big really.

But dang it sure is nice to Drive around with all those extra accessories n gadgets stuff in her belly : )

hogjowl

Idiot™
TCS uses propane burners, with the exception of their diesel Chief, which as a diesel burner.
The Judson dudes make a big deal out of stainless, and talk bad about aluminum. I've owned 4 TCS units, kept one for 15 years. I have never had any failure in an aluminum tank. I suppose if you are planning on passing this unit down to your grandson, then yes, go with stainless.

Your jobs to this point have been limited by your equipment. You will find the same limitations when you go to a TM, but depending on which TM you get, there may be fewer limits. You can go after larger jobs than you had before and do them very efficiently.
If you are that established after 3yrs, you've already outgrown the entry level TM's such as the Rage or the 360.

You won't go wrong with a Judson, they are SO simple to work on, SO simple to work with, very consistent and controllable heat and reliable.

The only thing I don't like about TCS is the kero burner. Its not very consistent with its heat, esp when cleaning furniture. It has great vacuum but the heat source just needs to be tweaked.

Back
Top Bottom