Tip for shower glass..

Mikey P

Administrator
besides Magic Al's Glass & Metal Magic.. http://groundfloor.org/product/product_ ... e196ec4796

Get some 000 steel wool and a Makita.

Have a shower door guy remove them and the fixtures (or work in a cramped stinky stall, your choice and go to town.

Damn near perfect and no matter what, you can charge (sub the removal and install) half of what new glass cost if their not hose cheap ass Home Depot $125 kits.

Let the polish dry a tad then get the bulk of it off with white cotton towels then buff to perfection with Micro Fiber towels.

189325527_photobucket_7861_.jpg

before..

189325527_photobucket_7862_.jpg

after..

189325527_photobucket_7863_.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
if you cant find the discs or dont own a grinder you can do it by hand whit regular Steel Wool "pads" too..

far less mess but takes a lot longer.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have some apartments i need to use this on..............of course they wont pay for it... But I could try it in place. thanks mikey

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have a few bottles of that glass magic. Only used it twice and works great. I have'nt had a real bad shower like yours to try it on.

Albert

I would think for it to work with most people you would have to polish in place unless the customer was getting a full makeover on their bathroom

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The new and improved Scratch B-Gone. Don't forget to charge $300 per hour for this glass cleaning miracle.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
how is that better than just using some CLR rubbing it around and letting it soak and then wash it off, you are trying to remove hard water stains right??

Willy P

Name
Willy P
steve g said:
how is that better than just using some CLR rubbing it around and letting it soak and then wash it off, you are trying to remove hard water stains right??

Exactly.

Mikey P

Administrator
Give the CLR a try and get back to me.
It wont get 12 years of build up off like this method does.

Hoodeldork when you grow enough balls to actually own a business and learn how to diversify, then you can insult my strategies.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Clr can etch the metal.

Lemon oil will turn the water deposits clear. Long enough for the check to also clear.

This is a trick house cleaners use.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Or you could just slap on your mask and use some "Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner" and a green scratch pad. Wipe it on rinse it off and the glass looks like new. Takes two minuets and cost about $0.50 per shower. It will also remove rust stains from the tubs and sinks.

It's 20% acid so it will smoke when it comes in contact with soap scum & don't get it in your eyes.

If you leave the works on chrome without rinsing it off it will streak the chrome. Just make sure you rinse good.

Gary T

I use the same stuff as Mikey mentioned. It won't screw up stone or metal like acid does and it works great. I like to use a random orbit sander. Doesn't fling stuff all over like the Makita.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Makita 922-C is what you need...I jus paid 20 bucks for one at the flea market......
my heart was pounding when i saw it sitting there...........
you can buy a NEW one kit an' all for $189!

Ryan

Mikey P said:
Terje use one to pre scrub furniture, off to HD to get one.

After I saw Terjes post about that I bought one. Instead of buying a bunch of those little bonnet pads just take your upholstery tool and clean the bonnet off after your done with the job. Since its covered in pespray it makes it look like new and your ready for the next job.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
at my house we have about the hardest water on the planet, its really terrible water, the shower glass looks terrible after a month or so. you can scratch off scuzzy stuff with your finger nail. some CLR sprayed on, a scotch brite pad to move it around, notice I said no scrubbing. 10 mins later rinse it off DONE. so lets say I hadn't cleaned it in 5 years, CLR would still do it, this time scrub it and soak for longer, no need to use a fancy buffer.

besides mikey since when are you brokedick enough to have to resort to shower cleaning for your lively hood??

Mikey P

Administrator
for 2 to 300 an hour I'll do most anything Steve.

and I'd be willing to bet a POS broken down Lancer your glass at home is far from like new after 10 minutes with CLR, less chalky sure but like new?

no way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom