tip of the day, lithium grease

steve g

Name
steve garrett
put some lithium white grease on your quick connects and its like putting astro glide on your cock, only the application on your quick connects will last at least a month maybe more. makes the quick connects slide on and off like butter.

topnotchman

Good tip thanks. I used WD-40 and it worked for a couple weeks, but grease would be better, probably wouldn't need much either. Or maybe Astro-glide might be better??? :mrgreen:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
WD 40 doesn't even last half as long. honestly I don't know how long the white grease will last. I reapplied some to my fittings even though they didn't need anymore, I had been running the first application for about 3 mos, but I don't clean as much carpets as some around here, so I say 1 month for the guy that does alot of cleaning.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I put some on the gaskets of my new cuff lynks last week.

Before I had to have my tech take them off. My grip sucks from too many years of cleaning.

Not I can get them off. If I wanted to.

Steve,

If your partner is sufficiently excited you won't need that astro stuff.(If they are a woman)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for those fittings....marine grease (or aqua lube ) works the best.....just take a small brush and put just a little bit deep inside the female quick connect and around where the little bally things are and it will out last and out grease everything out there.....it is made for lubing parts that come in contact with water....and to displace the moister..it only takes a very little bit or you will have a sticky mess on you hands....

PRB0101-2.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Martin said:
for those fittings....marine grease (or aqua lube ) works the best.....just take a small brush and put just a little bit deep inside the female quick connect and around where the little bally things are and it will out last and out grease everything out there.....it is made for lubing parts that come in contact with water....and to displace the moister..it only takes a very little bit or you will have a sticky mess on you hands....

PRB0101-2.jpg

I suspect that product is lithium grease just under a different name.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah done that with a litho spray they have....

also used a plumbers grease...was brown not white

problem is our chems are suppose to break this stuff down remember....lol

also...tried astro glide once yrs ago.......uhhhhh damn near slid down the street :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now as i am older and wiser....well you get the idea shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve g said:
[quote="Jim Martin":ymdn6e6f]for those fittings....marine grease (or aqua lube ) works the best.....just take a small brush and put just a little bit deep inside the female quick connect and around where the little bally things are and it will out last and out grease everything out there.....it is made for lubing parts that come in contact with water....and to displace the moister..it only takes a very little bit or you will have a sticky mess on you hands....

PRB0101-2.jpg

I suspect that product is lithium grease just under a different name.[/quote:ymdn6e6f]

Nope......you suspect wrong.....................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom