tips

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
How often do you get a tip after cleaning? Weve been getting alot lately. 25 today 25 yesterday 25 the day before. Nothing special I guess but more than usual. Maybe cause my wife is working with me and people like that or because she blabs to them the whole time Im working. I know I dont talk enough to people but Im just not a small talker type, and I find it awkward.
The thing is ive been an installer for years and thats back breaking work. I would get a tip maybe once every two weeks. This is way easier.
For those here who have a wife, girlfriend or some other family member in the house with some low paying job up to say 15 an hour I say quit and work with you better use of time and gas.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It comes and goes.
I love it when a customer says "That's it? are you sure?"
I always laugh and say "yup, but I do except gratuities."

Get's a little more almost everytime.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Wow that was a fast reply. I just had a customer say "thats it" too when I quoted a price of 200 on the phone. I said well I can see I messed that up let me refigure this. We had a good laugh and he said oh no dont you go doubling the price or something.
Most of the time I get the opposite response so you never know.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Don't talk about flowers on this table. I once said "oh those are beautiful flowers where did you get them?" the reply was, "they were the headpiece of my husbands casket, we buried him 3 days ago" :(

Ouch,
I can't tell you how many times I have had to clean carpets after someone died. It's like they are cleaning out the persons stank or something.

Today I cleaned for two regulars and one had her dog die and the other is just a waiting for dog to go tits up.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i get tips at some places, but not always. typically i get tips when i go above and beyond what i needed to do.

same as rest of you guys, when she or he says "thats it, you sure" i always say "you can add a tip if you want". 90% of the time i also get it. i clean alot or restaurants and typically i get free lunch (whatever i want) while i am there or when i am done. i do all of them in the morning.

Scott

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I get tips when my son is working with me. I always tell the customer thanks, and then have my son come in and thank them too. He gets to keep the tips.

Greenie

When I first met Lisa she was the $20 a room cleaner, she always got tips, later at $40 a room we never got tips and I moved more stuff...was it my bad breath, or were we finally charging better?

To see a $200 customer turn into a $350 satisfied customer is amazing, but at the same time you are kickin yourself for all these years...lol

On the topic of "is that all"? on a price quote, Looking back now... my next comment would be, Yes mam' that is all for cleaning, if you want to replenish your factory scotchgard that will be additional. (we never sold enough protector) Don't let that opportunity pass.

Mike Draper

When my wife was pregnant she came with me everyday, She baked cookies for all my our custy's, her job was to just talk with the moms and look cute, I can't tell you how many tips we received, but it was alot, and way more than I get now. One day the lady ran to the store while we were cleaning a large house, came back and gave us a $100.00 dollars worth of new baby clothes. Bringing the wife WORKS!!! GEt-r-done!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom