TM cold weather operation

G

working in the cold? Water Temp, Hoses, Etc?

All you people down south I hope you are warm.

Thanks

Rex Tyus

Today was rather chilly actually 36 degrees this morning only up to around 60 during the day. Truck mount is running great thanks for asking. 8)

Rex

G

I cleaned at 25 below..not a problem. Just keep your ducks in a row, don't let the wand sit, and keep busy like you should be anyways.

Chad

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no problems here.
We heat the van at night.

Hot solution is not a problem either with the Powermatic's 231,000 BTU kero fired burner.

On really cold days, we make sure everything is ready to rock and roll before the solution line is taken in and the pump turned on.

Once the water is flowing and hot, freeze ups aren't an issue if the wand stops for a short time to move or tab furniture.

The coldest temp we've worked in was 12 below.

Though I hesitate to take the van out in those temps

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

I have worked where it was 25 below before. Of course It was 12 years ago and I was an assistant manager at a retail store in Massena, New York and I was working INSIDE with no hoses to freeze. I don't think enough money exist to get me back in that miserable environment ( retail management that is). I remember having to defrost my door lock before unlocking it to keep the key from breaking off. When I left home for work ever day I was so wrapped up in quilted down jackets I looked like the Micheline Man.

Rex

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was wondering that same thing the other day...............
while I was sitting here at my computer............in short sleeves

with the doors open

running the ceiling fans.....

watching my beer sweat on the table...................

Becker

Name
Becker
We will see. 18 here now, and about to head out on a 3 job day.

That kinda cold is rare for here, but I'm use to it from back home.

Van was in the garage all night. 1st job is 1.5 miles away 2nd is .5 miles from the 1st, and my last I'll have to drive 15 miles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom