TM Waste Tank Lid ?

Steve Manier

I heard a hissing sound today coming from the waste tank. Looked at the the lid and its coming from the pressure relief "thingymajiggy". Tried to tighten and loosen the spring relief and nothing would change it. The nuts, bolts and underside of it holding it on are so corroded that they are gonna break if I mess with them. Do you just have this repaired or should I try to find a stainless steel lid and where can I get one? Its a Powerclean Freedom. Thanks

Steve

Motivated

I have a powerclean freedom and one day it was making a wistling sound. (when it was new) i just turned that a little and it went away. I didn't like messing with it cause I didn't even know what it was at the time. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
yea, you should have a vac relief "thingymajiggy"
It protects the vac system from developing vac beyond the systems capabilities

It doesn't have to be the exact same relief valve though.
and can be placed anywhere upstream of the blower.
It can also be a simple as a "free flow" relief design ...which is nothing more than the appropriate amount and size of holes drilled somewhere.
to a big buck precision mechanical valve like a Kunkle or Bayco valve

what you have now...a faulty leaky valve, would be akin to free flow style.
so as long as you don't seal it off, you're safe to run it til you decide what repairs you'll make

..L.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The PowerClean tank is SS but the valve is aluminium. Corrosion started to build up between the tank and the valve. I made a rubber gasket to help it seal better but eventually replaced it with a precision relief valve. The spring valve from PowerClean is made to never completely seal so I always had a hissing sound coming from it. I have the original valve yet if anyone wants it. It's in good shape and includes the SS screws and rubber gasket I made.

jimn

Steve Manier said:
I heard a hissing sound today coming from the waste tank. Looked at the the lid and its coming from the pressure relief "thingymajiggy". Tried to tighten and loosen the spring relief and nothing would change it. The nuts, bolts and underside of it holding it on are so corroded that they are gonna break if I mess with them. Do you just have this repaired or should I try to find a stainless steel lid and where can I get one? Its a Powerclean Freedom. Thanks

Steve

Steve,

Sounds to me like there is debris stuck between the base and the stem and the assembly mounted to the lid. It is not necessary to remove the entire part.

Remove the lid
Remove the nuts/nut on the top of the vac valve
Slide the stem down through the relief valve and remove it
Clean the stem base and disk and also the underside of the valve on the waste tank itself
Thoroughly lube the stem and base
reinstall and set the vac

I hope this helps..

Problem solved

Motivated

jimn said:
Steve Manier said:

Steve

Steve,

Sounds to me like there is debris stuck between the base and the stem and the assembly mounted to the lid. It is not necessary to remove the entire part.

Remove the lid
Remove the nuts/nut on the top of the vac valve
Slide the stem down through the relief valve and remove it
Clean the stem base and disk and also the underside of the valve on the waste tank itself
Thoroughly lube the stem and base
reinstall and set the vac

I hope this helps..

Problem solved

Jim, what would have caused mine to make a horrendous whistling sound. It happened when it only had about 100 hours on it. I just moved the nut a little and it went away. I realize that I fixed the problem, i guess I got lucky, but was it to loose? Maybe a bad gasket? I just want to know the correct fix in case it happens again. It was so loud that all of their neighbors came out to see what it was. lol

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I replaced my Genesis "springy-thingy" with a neat relief valve from a SW Powermatic. The original would hiss when debris would accumulate under the disc. Keep it lubed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom