TM waste water and septic systems...

-JB-

Name
JB
... any all ya'all, dump in one regularly, like at your house?

What effect does/did it have?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JB said:
... any all ya'all, dump in one regularly, like at your house?

What effect does/did it have?

not my waste tank water, the left side of my drive has the richest, best looking grass of my whole 2 acre lot...

but I'd think the washing machine is pretty dawggone similar

..L.T.A.

starrett

Been dumpimg in mine for 20+ years with no problems. changing the filter screen at the tank faithfully every spring.

-JB-

Name
JB
Gotta luv how ya can ask one question and get two COMPLETELY different responses! LOL!

About a 12K repair if you clog up the sand filter system with lint. Don't do it.
was this personal experience? or knowledgeable advice?

changing the filter screen at the tank faithfully every spring.
what type of screen you talkin 'bout Willis?

starrett

There is a filter screen in the pipe that leads to my leach field. I dig down about a foot at the tank, pull of the lid and pull the filter/screen out and hose it off and replace it. Replace lid and cover with dirt, plant flowers. Check with a septic service contractor to see if your system might have this and where it is located.

Bob Foster

Having owned a septic service business with a bunch of vacuum trucks I can tell you a lot about this subject. I'm a certified maintainer and inspector of on-site sewage treatment and disposal systems. I still have contracts that I work on a weekly basis with.

If you have been using cides don't because you kill your septic tank and possibly damage the field.

A septic tank is where 3/4 of the treatment occurs from biological aerobic and anaerobic activity. Also large waste loads on a septic system in a short time such as when dumping a tank are also very hard on the system. This is because it pushes semi solid effluent into the field before it is not properly settled or biologically broken down and this has a tendency to create a biomat around lateral drainage lines (septic lines) The biomat stops the natural drainage and remaining treatment to occur in the vertical drainage area of the field. If you see a septic field with clearly visible deep green lines - that field is on its way out and will soon need to be replaced. Why? Biomat has built up around the lines due to improper care, not the correct frequency of tank pumping, poor site selection or inappropriate soils.

In short - don't dump it over a field or through a field.

And I've heard every shit joke in the business.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
BOB...

That was a ShIttY PosT... :roll:

"My ShiT...is YouR...BreaD & ButtEr"....... :p

That was a very good post...Well Done.... :!:

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Hey bob: That was great info. I have thought about diverting my washing machine away from the septic (rural area of low density) to prevent the bleach from entering the septic (sand filter). Do you think that would help the longevity of the system? 2 people on a 4 bd system.
Thanks al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom