Administrator
Not providing Tile N Grout work yet?

Suckers!

MISSING OUT guys. :!:

Big time.

I have 4 jobs coming up to the tune of 23Gs... :shock:

anyone want to do a ride al®ng?

TimP

I guess they are going to pay for the lunchpail.

I've got a sealing only job that is gonna be nice in a week or two.

Calling cobb to get the sealer next week.

TimP

Grout perfect for your color sealer. I wasn't really aware of them selling a regular grout sealer. (penetrating/impregnator)

But for the price and performance I don't think you can beat cobb for your grout sealer.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have to say Cobb's sealer is great! I don't do too much tile and grout work but when I do, I like rolling it in with the ultraseal.

Zee

And yes there is great money in TNG.

TimP

Brent said:
What about cleaning tile at 5-6 hundred psi with a 3ht?

Yes you can clean like that. Just keep in mind you'll have to scrub more and rely on your chemicals more. Probably will have to break out the acid cleaner more often to get your grout clean.

There is no reason any carpet cleaner shouldn't be able to get into grout. I just suggest at least a class of some sort first. Or do lots of reading in the hard surface room. It's not hard but there are things that can get you into trouble.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
My favorite acid cleaner for dirty grout lines is definitely the one from the Monkey Pad company! That acid cleans much faster and easier then viper restore. Less scrubbing-quicker money! I admit it I did spend some extra time messing around my truck while I was working on a job.....to waste time because it was cleaning so quick the custy would have been looking like "you finished in an hour and I'm paying you $400.00?!?" Gotta love those jobs....

Zee

Name
I'm Rick James
TimP said:
Brent said:
What about cleaning tile at 5-6 hundred psi with a 3ht?

Yes you can clean like that. Just keep in mind you'll have to scrub more and rely on your chemicals more. Probably will have to break out the acid cleaner more often to get your grout clean.

There is no reason any carpet cleaner shouldn't be able to get into grout. I just suggest at least a class of some sort first. Or do lots of reading in the hard surface room. It's not hard but there are things that can get you into trouble.

Thanks for the response. With my previous company I worked at, I cleaned alot of tile. Just clean and seal, no repair or color seal. It was really a joke and the chemicals were harsh.

I do want to ad T&G cleaning to my business, just got to get the tools.

The questions I do have is:

What is the best color seal?

What are the safest, best cleaning products to use?

What to charge for recaulking and what the steps are?

Is regrouting a viable service?

How to remove the hard water stains on the tile?

Your right I should hang out in the tile room more often.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What made your previous company a "joke"? Was it because they didn't offer color sealing and repair?

I don't offer either myself. I simply clean and seal.

You can do a good job, as others have said, simply using a 500 psi portable and a rotary machine with a scrub brush. Heck, with a good scrubbing, even your chemicals don't have to be all that great. Of course, good chems make the job go easier and great heat and higher pressure sure help a lot too, but don't think you can't do a great job with lesser tools.

In fact, tile and grout cleaning is like carpet cleaning used to be back in the 70's. Not enough cleaners are doing it, right now, to drive down the pricing of it. It wouldn't surprise me to see, in 20 years, the prices cleaners are getting then will be the same as we are getting now. So, while the pricing is profitable, get into it.

You can make good money even if you are slow at your production rates.

Name
I'm Rick James
admiralclean said:
What made your previous company a "joke"? Was it because they didn't offer color sealing and repair?

I don't offer either myself. I simply clean and seal.

You can do a good job, as others have said, simply using a 500 psi portable and a rotary machine with a scrub brush. Heck, with a good scrubbing, even your chemicals don't have to be all that great. Of course, good chems make the job go easier and great heat and higher pressure sure help a lot too, but don't think you can't do a great job with lesser tools.

In fact, tile and grout cleaning is like carpet cleaning used to be back in the 70's. Not enough cleaners are doing it, right now, to drive down the pricing of it. It wouldn't surprise me to see, in 20 years, the prices cleaners are getting then will be the same as we are getting now. So, while the pricing is profitable, get into it.

You can make good money even if you are slow at your production rates.

No not because they didnt off those services, alot of what they did was a joke. The owner was a joke. The lies, the misinformation and the business ethics.

Mikey P

Administrator
Best Color Seal = Grout Perfect

Best Premium $ealer = Dry Treat Stain Proof

Best Over all around sealer/ easy to work with, low odor, cheap, easy clean up, no hassle = Cobb's Ultraseal

Best Acid Cleaner = Stonetech Restore

Best Alkaline cleaner 50/50 mix of 02 or Powermax and Acrylic floor stripper

Back
Top Bottom