Today, in my house, I found…

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
MOLD! Getting the house ready to put on the market. Taking down wallpaper in the utility room - there it is - bigger than Dallas - a wall of mold. Good thing my WDR trailer is on site. Sealed off the area, put in the scrubbers, ripping that crap out, I’m put out because we’ve never had a water leak and it has to be from the previous homeowner. He’s about good ole’ boy as they come and I bet when it happened he just mopped it up and went on with his business because he knew he was going to sale. I could do the same, but that’s not my MO.

It’s a lovely day around here…

amygeorge

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I wouldn't put pictures of mold up of a house I was trying to sell, but that's just me. You will have to disclose general details on repair by law but wouldn't go around on the internet pasting pics, but hey that's just me.

Reactions: amygeorge

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had 3...THREE water losses while my last home was on the market. :oldrolleyes:

Toilet overflow and had to cut out and patch a ceiling, washer discharge hose blew off and had to replace Pergo flooring, cut out and patch ceiling. Water tap in refrigerator door stuck in the on position left me with more floor to replace and more ceiling damage.

New homeowner got new flooring in the kitchen bath and utility room and the ceiling re-textured in the basement. I loved that house but it was haunted in the end. :errf:

Reactions: amygeorge

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
The future homeowner will be impressed that I didn’t do it the “bubba” way and spray bleach and wipe it off. That is the MO around these parts anyway.

We’re done with tear out. used the electrostatic sprayer (sniper and bio-protect) on entire room, scrubber is going, just waiting till the adjuster gets here Monday before we build it back.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
yes, i do. but not sure if i will file. adjuster is coming to look at our roof and while he’s here i’m going to get his opinion.

fyi, he is the only adjuster that told me i needed to add 10 & 10 to my water jobs. he’s my FAVORITE adjuster hands down and i’m so glad he’s mine!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Michael, if it rained once a month, we might stay… We’re headed into year 5 of the drought and it’s getting pretty scary in these parts. We’re taking a little break from full-time ranching. We are not selling out or dissolving any partnerships, just not going to be a drain financially on the operation. Wendy’s daddy and brother are still here and will run things. They’ll get a hired hand and a day working cowboy when needed. Wendy is going to be a construction manager for a custom home builder in Mansfield. I’ll spend 3 days here and 4 days there. Not selling my businesses - yet!

Last edited:

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Got the insurance check today. So glad I called it in. Now to find a contractor - that is the hard part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom