Tools

Stevea

I thought it might be nice to show some tools and how they work. Not all may be practical for everyone but it is interesting to see different tools in action.

This video clip will show a Circle Cutter. Has several uses, one is simply to cut out a bad spot and put a donor piece in. This will also work for making a circle rug with a border for your customers that may have a remnant piece or simply a round rug. Never minimize what value it gives to a customer when you can take a remnant and square it up or cut it into a circle, if it fits for them and then putting a border and or bind the edge. Today, we do not need a binding machine to put a binding on a scrape piece of carpet and make it something special to the homeowner. If there is interest I will show how a binding can be put on with a glue gun and not need a binding machine.

Some tools are handy because they make a very precision cut and it is easy to duplicate. Just one tool to show, there are a lot more. You will also see in this the use of a glue gun with a long barrel tip as well as the use of a weight.

This is a tool that would be used from the back of a carpet.

th_CircleCuttingI.jpg

SA

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Love watching your vids Steve, however I am having no luck opening the following..........................

Please view my link to show what can be learned in a Class Room. This also has schedules of upcoming classes.

http://web.mac.com/sa841/RRT_Class_Info ... lcome.html

Is this an Apple / Mac program, or am I just still computerer illitereter :wink:

Ooroo

Stevea

Hi Shorty,

I am not sure why it will not open for you, maybe what John said. I do know you will need quicktime to view the videos on the web page. It is a free download and should show up on your browser page.

This is just a web page I put together to give some information for my classes, so many times students tell me they had no idea of what they would be doing or learning, so I put that together to try to show some of what will be done.

I did a private repair class for a restoration company on Friday and took a lot of video, hopefully there will be some good stuff to share.

Let me know if you get to view it and let me know what you think and thanks for the kind words Shorty. I am looking forward to meeting you in person.

SA

Mikey P

Administrator
Have I told you how much I appreciate you participating here??

I would like to see a video showing how you made my MB rug.

Stevea

Thank you for such kind words Mikey, I really do appreciate you saying that. I enjoy being here and trying to help where ever I am able to.

I can't hardly believe it but I did not take video of making your rug, it would have been a wonderful example to take video of. I am not even sure why I did not. I am working on a training class to help others make rugs like that. mostly for two reasons, marketing and training. If I can teach one how to make a rug, they will learn invaluable principles and points on how to make repairs. I have had a lot of interest in doing this class as well as an advanced repair class.

I appreciate your having a board like this, there is nothing else I have seen that even comes close to it.

Harry,
Thank, I wasn't even sure if anyone would have wanted to see this or not. I have several other videos I will share along this line as we go on. Hopefully it will help ones to want to get into repair and use it to grow their business. You and John have so much to offer everyone here to learn and train, I just want to assist where possible.

SA

Stevea

Mikey,
You are certainly a "Salesman"! You certainly know how to 'Ask' for the sale.

I intend to make Jeff a rug someday when he is ready but I doubt it will be at the fest next year.

Harry,

With the adapter, it will make a 6 foot circle and it can cut a border at the same time, which is very important for a circle border.

Take care all, it is late and I am calling it a night. Thank you for the comments, hopefully others will enjoy this.

SA

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Problem solved.

My Quicktime was missing a segment, so I deleted and reloaded.

Your okay Steve, I can understand what you say :wink:

Plus you really know how to pique ones interest with the videos :lol:

Ooroo :roll:

Stevea

Hi Charles,

The circle cutter will work on cutting any carpet that can be cut but it will work best with a cut pile carpet in a repair, (you can cut loop pile with it but there is a special way to use it that way so for now we'll just say it is for cut pile carpet).

It is a good tool and just one more tool to use in varying circumstances. When one has a fairly large area to cut this is one tool that may help get it done.

Shorty,

I am glad you were able to get it loaded. I am making more like that to even market specific things I want to market for my own little service company. Thanks for your comments, I wanted it to pique interest so that ones will attend a class and hopefully find something useful to help their business with.

I am not sure what Ooroo means but I will assume it is a friendly greeting or reply? You will have to help me with "Australian", sounds like it would be fun to learn!

Take care,
SA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom