Top 3 or 4 vacuums to recommend to customers with web links

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What vacuums should I be recommending to our customers to buy and why? I was looking for a good hundred dollar vac, a buck fifty to two fifty vac, an elite vacuum such as a sebo etc. and maybe one other contender in any of the previously mentioned categories. I would also like links so they could buy them

M

Mark Imbesi

Re: Top 3 or 4 vacuums to recommend to customers with web li

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

I thought about it. I want three categories.
Under a hundred
Under three hundred
And under a thousand.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Timp I have that very vacuum and so far am very happy with it. Only improvement I could suggest for that vacuum would be to make the actuel filter smaller and add a foam wring around to prevent large debris build up.

TimP

I guess I need to order one.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Gary.. sorry for not answering your question..

You can ask us our opinion all you want but the best vacuum to recommend is the ones you have used and liked. Its the only way to maintain a level of confidence.

Consumer reports is always a good place to check as well. But I personally don't want to speak for a product I have not tried myself.

TimP

I just got my new Vacuum. And I have to say I'm impressed with it. I vacuumed my room and living room rug and got half a canister full of hair and dirt. I emptied the canister and was impressed with it and had my wife try it out. She started vacuuming the bedroom again and I lowered the beater bar one notch and I heard tons of sand coming out. Then I pulled a Ron(took the vacuum back) and started vacuuming until I couldn't get any more sand out.....I filled about 2 maybe 3 inches of the canister with pure sand. We vacuum weekly but never hear hardly anything coming out, we have a kenmore canister style vacuum and the carpet gets vacuumed at least weekly.

Anyways I hope I don't turn into Ron....I don't have time to vacuum clients carpet all day. I've vacuumed the rest of the house and got maybe half a canister from the other 3 rooms with carpet. So I got maybe 1.5 canisters in about 800' of carpet.

So far I give the vacuum a positive review compared to my PV-12. It's half the price and cleans way better and no bags, it's also wider and I have to say it may be even quieter. Oh and washable filters are a plus....

Picture of it on the freshly vacuumed carpet
IMG_20101124_175432.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Nice looking vacuum:

4232010004.jpg

P.S. The biggest problem with the vacuum as Ron W. warned me about was the filter. It does tend to clog up easily. I'm in the process of looking for a foam sheath that fits over it to prevent heavy build up.

And the best way I found of cleaning these filters out is with an air compressor (even a small one will work) and a blow gun. But try to keep one handy for the extra large jobs.

Nice.

I need another vacuum. I now keep two hydroforces, two wands, and soon to come two vacuums on the truck.

TimP

sweendogg said:
P.S. The biggest problem with the vacuum as Ron W. warned me about was the filter. It does tend to clog up easily. I'm in the process of looking for a foam sheath that fits over it to prevent heavy build up.

And the best way I found of cleaning these filters out is with an air compressor (even a small one will work) and a blow gun. But try to keep one handy for the extra large jobs.

I took my filter to the sink and used the sprayer to spray it out. It holds a ton of crud for sure, all in one vacuuming of 1 home. I don't have a compressor, and luckily I don't do a ton of huge jobs. Probably soaking it in some water with some detergent would help too. I'll have to check the manual to see if it's ok to use some detergent though....BTW I see what it's like to feel like Ron. I probably spent an hour vacuuming my house.....something that usually takes maybe 20 minutes for the carpet. I kept going back and forth......hearing sand. It was very compelling to keep going. It's like an addiction....

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer

Got mine today, $217 delivered from Thinkvacuum. So far, definitely more solid than my Bissel. I'll post back in three months.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

Yes Yes it is. I had a nice job that I took out 8 lbs of kitty litter in a 10 by 12 ft area.

Lefty724

Name
E

I have tried most of the vacuums out there and by far my favorite is my Amway Cleartrak! I agree that the sand thing is very addictive and I can't believe the dry soil that I can pull out with the Cleartrak! In my short CC experience, the longer I spend vacuuming.....the cleaner my carpet comes out!

I am now looking for a second Cleartrak, but if I can't find one soon I might just have to try out one of these Sanitare's?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

just a thought, you can go to a foam shop and get a piece of dense foam to put around that filter,
or buy a hepa vacuum bag and cut a strip to go around the filter. Keeps your filter clean but does cut your airflow a little.

You can buy new CT's at cleartrak.com, $330. BUy some maintenance pkgs while you're at it, belts & filters(foam and submicron), and a brush

Lefty724

Name
E

Ron Werner said:
just a thought, you can go to a foam shop and get a piece of dense foam to put around that filter,
or buy a hepa vacuum bag and cut a strip to go around the filter. Keeps your filter clean but does cut your airflow a little.

You can buy new CT's at cleartrak.com, $330. BUy some maintenance pkgs while you're at it, belts & filters(foam and submicron), and a brush

Thanks Ron, you are the reason I decided to try the CT out! Thanks, best vacuum I have tried so far!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

sweendogg said:
I bet some pantyhose would work beautifully, I'll have to give it a try.
Yeah, should work fine. best part is you its already tubular

floorguy_724 said:
Thanks Ron, you are the reason I decided to try the CT out! Thanks, best vacuum I have tried so far!
You're welcome. That's what I'm here for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom