TORNADO HOSE ..Does it really run cooler?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hope you don't mind, Ofer, but I took the liberty of editing the thread title .
Maybe we'll get more looks/feed back

I have no experience with it.
only "heard" it's no better or worse than other steel braids...
but that was in regard to longevity and instant blowout failures that steel braids are notorious for...not external jacket temp

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

I bought some, lasted 3 months before it was completely trashed and unsafe to take in to custy's home.

Spurling

I pulled out the ole parflex hose yesterday .. my wand was steaming hot and I left no heat impressions on the polyester carpet as I have in the past with the steel braided hose .. its just a pain to wind and unwind .. also flops around alot ..

so if this Tornado runs cooler, it would probably be worth getting ..

I saw an El Diablo video on Youtube and I like how hot the water ran but always afraid of solution line heat impressions ..

I have also thought about running a solution line inside the vac hose .. a) no impressions .. b) blow out would be contained .. c) water would stay hotter as it would be insulated by the vac hose ..

I know it may cause a distraction in air flow .. but if you have tremendous suction, is it really robbing you by much ..

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Don't run your solutiom hose in your vac hose!!!!!

1. It cools the solution because of the air/water passing through the hose.
2. it's difficult to monitor the condition of your solution hose.
3. It reduces the capacity of your vac hose and disturbs smooth airflow by causeing turbulence. REALLY cuts down airflow!
4. It makes it easier for crap to get caught in the vac hose.
5. Hide-a-hose connections leak frequently.

Take care,
Lisa

Spurling

1) if im sucking up hot ass water, is it really gonna cool it
2) I think the outter jacket would last longer inside the vac hose as opposed to dragging it on pavement when winding it up
3) cutting down on airflow .. if you have excessive suction, would it really matter
4) yeah .. stuff would get stuck at the ends .. seems easy enough to clean
5) frequent leaks would suck

the El Diablo video shows the hose cuff collapsing under high vac .. seems like there would be plenty extra vacuum to give into turbulent disturbance ..

I was thinking 75 foot 2in hide a hose from wand back ..

Greenie

I'll add one to Lisa's list,
Hose Burst, where do hoses tend to let loose? in the middle or at the end near the crimps?
Where are the crimps on a Hide-a-hose? Outside the cuffs, they have to be.

I've probably talked to at least half a dozen cleaners personally that have run the hide-a-hose that way, and Lisa has probably talked to just as many.....none of them are still doing it.

I'm not even sure what Specific reason each chose to abandon the practice, but you kinda have to respect they did it for a reason, cause it was work and money to set up, you have to get someone to crimp the hose after running it through the vac and hide-a-hose cuffs.

Now back to the orig. question.

It can be made "better" but I highly doubt it radiates much less heat.

a heat exchanger is a heat exchanger, steel radiates heat... and the rubber is very thin...only insulates so well.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
How someone could trash that hose in 3mths is beyond me. Its a tough hose!

BUT the jacket does get a lot hotter and there is significantly more cooling with the T hose than the Parflex.
I switched back and forth between them for a while. Now my lead hose is Parflex, anything longer than that I run the T. I have 2x100ft lengths of T and 120ft of P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Spurling said:
1) if im sucking up hot ass water, is it really gonna cool it

the waste water ani't all that hot, Paul.
might be 120-140 going up the up the wand,."might be" if you're on the trigger steady w/hi-flow...
but once it's gets 10-15ft thru the hose, I'd guess it's about 100..or less.
By the time is makes it 50 ft thru the hose, it's tepid at best.

if you don't believe me, disconnect at 50 ft and feel the recovery water.

I was thinking 75 foot 2in hide a hose from wand back ..

let us know how you like it
personally, the only hide-a-hose I want is on our Upl tool

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:

BUT the jacket does get a lot hotter and there is significantly more cooling with the T hose than the Parflex.
I switched back and forth between them for a while. Now my lead hose is Parflex, anything longer than that I run the T. I have 2x100ft lengths of T and 120ft of P

Ron, I figured it was hotter than Parker, but is it cooler than Ineptune steel braid?
(cause that's what the ad marketing is comparing it to)

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

Ron Werner said:

Ron, I didn't trash the hose. It was worthless trash. It had large bubbles in it after only 6 weeks of use. My steel braided neptune has lasted 12 months with no problems. However, I replace my hose every 12 months so I'll prolly just buy more neptune cause it works on my machine. Maybe the tornado hose I received was defective, I wont buy more to find out of that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom