traffic lane inserts

Greg Loe

John, you make all these inserts look easy. But the ones I've always gotten were right in the middle of a traffic lane. There were no donor pieces that could match the wear.

What have you done with those kind of problems?

John Watson

Greg, Like Harry said Some times there is no match,,,and if no wear damaged Donner is found some times we can accelerate the damage on the donner to match or at least blend in so it doesn't jump out and bite you type of repair. I have placed pieces I wanted to wear in a hurry in heavy traffic situations, drug a piece up and down my gravel drive way a few times, rubbed with fire place ashes, even a small bonnet hocked to a power grinder will distort and make look used..

harryhides

Name
Tony
In some cases like cut-piles and depending on the location/situation you can shave a bit off the top of the worn area and feather it out so that the inserted piece doesn't jump out so much. You can also "dull down" the new piece with
a pumice stone and a gray crayon will also do wonders.

This is a bit of a hack job but illustrates the potential. What til you see what Steve Andrews can do up close - it's unbelievable and purty near idiot proof.

OldwornB4.jpg

OldwornAft.jpg

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Greg, the others have answered your question.

I've been out working. I had a long Saturady cleaning a few hundred filthy dining chairs and then been out for a Sewerage cleanup Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon now and just playing cathup.

As others have said, you may not get it 100%.

Also, as Tony and John said, you can do things to lessen the difference. I carry charcoal, white chaulk and a few other goodies to help blend.

I've even steamed and re set pile when there has been two or more different directions all on the same piece.

I can't find any pics of these but if I do another soon, I'll try and remember to put up a couple of pics.

Perhaps others have before and after pics to show.

of course, if it's 'dirty only' with minimal wear, then you can always upsell carpet cleaning.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom