Traffic Lane Type Of Problem

Chads

Supportive Member
This is carpet at a customers house couple in there 70's and they take great care of there home. But we have a problem of traffic areas that wont come clean looking at the carpet its not so much that its been matted down it just looks dirty. Cleaned it with Judson's O2 and not the best results decided to clean it again well put some Powerburst on it a little better also put some stain zone and I let them all dwell and I also forgot to mention that after the o2 i slow speed scrubbed. Any answers :?

IMG_1997.jpg

2j4blav.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
have you rubbed a towel over it to see if there's any soil transfer?

Chads

Supportive Member
No I did not do that I cleaned the spots quite thoroughly and ran multiple slow passes
over them and then dry stokes and then replied soap and dwelled
and agitated with rake and cleaned again just could get the results i was after

diamond brian

Looks like crap polyester that's been scrubbed (and consequently damaged) with a rag or something.

Wish I had an answer for you.

TimP

I had a spot in a kids bedroom on some loop pile olefin that looked just like that, just not near as brown. I used power break, tons of dwell, scrubbed, used pog dwell rinse etc. Didn't even make a dent I assumed at that point it was spot where a child did a million spins or something on the carpet and it was wear. I didn't get a towel out but I probably should have now come to think of it. I got everything else up in the house except for an old paint stain about the size of a basketball. And I had some wear patterns in a couple areas that were left gray. So I assumed the BR gray was the same thing.

Chads

Supportive Member
Well i did a burn test on it and put it in water it sank and when burning it burn pretty fast but not to good at the smell thing i'm almost thinking its a nylon, rayon blend

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
It is nylon . We are not talking upholstery furniture. What did your burn test smell like. Did you squeeze the air out of the fiber . Either a P.E.T staple fiber or a nylon in general.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Is that where the old guy sits in his chair???

looks like a spot where they rub their feet and caused an awful wear pattern

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Like Chris says, try to get transfer. Nuke a small area and see if there's transfer. Looks like a stain to me though (coffee, tea).

Albert

G

Also looks like a stain to me, hard to tell from the picture. Did you try any Stain Magic?

Chads

Supportive Member
I think i might have figured it out i think it might be a nylon blend with acrylic, and that sucks the only real thing i have left to try is a acid rinse

Chris A

Name
Chris
at the stage that you took the picture was the area any better than when you started?

Chris A

Name
Chris
never mind, I read your post again, I'd probably just apply SM and forget it.

orbitalclean

they should of had protectant in the first place. Now they need it so the rest of the carpet doesnt get that bad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom