Trailer mount owners

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
How do you keep you mount from freezing when you are driving around in the winter?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I haven't been in freezing temps with my new trailer but with my old one that just had the roof insulated, I kept it about 45 degrees at night and that was plenty for me to not have any trouble driving 45 mins or so to the first job. once I did the first job there was plenty of retained heat of the truckmount to keep things well above freezing for the rest of the day. my new trailer has the walls and ceiling insulated and I am going to do spray foam under the floor. its also much more tightly sealed around the doors and such. but keep in mind I don't normally use it below 0, upper single digits and low teens is about as low as I ever run it in, if ever I get worried I just start the truckmount and let it run 15 or 20 minutes on idle and that warms up the inside to 90 or so. on the old setup I would have hoses that ran on the floor freeze alot, I solved that by zip tieing some heat cord to the supply hoses from the demand pump to the water inlet, I would just plug both cords in when I plugged in the heater.

If the temp was really cold, you could always let the machine idle while you traveled to your first job.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
AdamHale said:
How do you keep you mount from freezing when you are driving around in the winter?

In our rental trailer we insulated the roof, walls and undercarrige of the trailer. We put in a remote temp sensor so you can see the temp as you are driving around. You can get decent ones from Radio Shack for very little money and will be a life saver.

With the insulation we put in a customer was able to drive in 10 degree temps from our store to Brigham City (about 2.5 hours) before the temps drop from 55 to 35. He stopped and ran the machine for 10 minutes which brought the temp in the trailer up to 65 and he was able to drive the remaning 2.5 hours to idaho and the temp never dropped below 40. Call me we used 4 inch. Insulation under teh trailer and 2" in the trailer. I forgot the R rating but we picked it up at Lowe's

Name
Nate W.
I would so die if I lived through your guys winter. Too much damn work to keep stuff from freezing. And that's just the equipment not even including your home and stuff. Big props to you guys!

So lucky I live where I do! shiteatinggrin

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
but jus so's you know it...trailer guys are pitiful...at best!
it says....
I don have enough money to do it the RIGHT WAY!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i dunno Bawb, i might go back to a trailer, so i dont have to pay for 2 vehicles

Gary T

My trailer looks better than an old church van with an Earl Scheib $99 paint job. And I pull it with a NEW vehicle. Not a NEW parts vehicle.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

nooooo smarty pants....

then i can unhook at home and use the truck to run here and there...

other wise i have the box, seats 1 other....and the durango

ifn i went trailer, then i get a crew cab truck, and durango...and i can get dirt, or rocks, etc, for the yard, haul trash......with the box....nuthin

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
bob vawter said:
there ya go!
sorry but it screams of cheap!

why do we all laugh at doublewides?

Ignorant Aussie here.

What's a double wide ??

Hope you can understand me this time. somewhat amus

Ooroo,

:roll:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Manufactured housing shorty. Still a "trailer" of sorts.

Quick history: First trailers were under 8' wide and could be legally towed on most roads. They were meant for recreation and occasional use. Lots of people ended up using them as permanent residences. Thus bigger ones started being built. For years the biggest were 12' wide and between 40 -50 feet long.

Then someone got the idea of hooking TWO side by side, a "double-wide".

As time passed "single-wide" units went from 12 to 14 to 16' wide, and thus "double" and even "triple-wides" have resulted in pretty large "manufactured" houses. Some look pretty good....but in the back of our minds they are still trailers.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Lee, we call them demountables.

Used a lot in mining camps for single persons accommodation.

Seen stacks of them on the 'net and in emails.

Seem to be very popular in the southern 'states. !gotcha! even going one on top of the other. :lol:

:roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom