Transit 350 vs Econoline 350

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
My biggest concern is the transmission with all of the weight we carry. Also will the 6 cylinder or transmission last over a 150K. I have a friend that runs ford vans cleaning stores all over California. Each van travels 1000 to 1500 miles a week. One of his vans went 270K before the transmission went. It has a new transmission and it is still working with around 300k on the motor. He goes from grants pass OR to Nevada all the way to Bakersfield so the vans get a workout on the hills. I wonder how long the transit would last.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P
Name
Marcus
I looked into buying a transit a few years ago...I got feedback that they don't have a lot of power...
I have had 2 chevy Astros with 6 cylinders, however with the vortec engine and they have done great...plenty of power and run 180k miles

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you get the 3.5 you'll be fine for power. Turbocharged engines don't have altitude issues.

I wouldn't expect to get 300k out of it, but lots of engines today are gum wrappers. You don't rebuild, you wad it up and throw it away.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
If you get the 3.5 you'll be fine for power. Turbocharged engines don't have altitude issues.

I wouldn't expect to get 300k out of it, but lots of engines today are gum wrappers. You don't rebuild, you wad it up and throw it away.

It's sad that we've become a disposable society.... More about cheap and less about quality...

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom