Travis Pastrana Breaks Evel Knievel’s 50-Car Jump Record on an Indian!

Credits
no knock on Indian
But they won't overtake Harley
They had a chance generations ago ..and lost

Harley today is too much of a firmly entrenched American icon for such a similar product to overtake it.
Polaris will find the same tough row to hoe as Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki did with their big twin knock-offs (which could be argued are better)

Harley owns that market and it's tough nut to crack

..L.T.A.

Credits
From all the records that have been done with stunt motorcycles...I think this is a bit stupid. The camera man recording this is a dumb ass also. you couldn't even see it.

Yes, I like how Indian is growing in the market, but it seems like Travis Pastrana is just reaching out for some more attention, now that his motorcycle front and back flips aren't giving him any more attention. He's like a brat. When little bratty kids stop being the center of attention, they just do anything stupid to try to entertain the grown ups

Supportive Member
Credits
From all the records that have been done with stunt motorcycles...I think this is a bit stupid. The camera man recording this is a dumb ass also. you couldn't even see it.

Yes, I like how Indian is growing in the market, but it seems like Travis Pastrana is just reaching out for some more attention, now that his motorcycle front and back flips aren't giving him any more attention. He's like a brat. When little bratty kids stop being the center of attention, they just do anything stupid to try to entertain the grown ups
You need to watch it full screen. Try again.

Credits
Harley has turned political with saying they are going to move some production over seas. The majority of harley owners are true blue americans who voted for trump. Their leftist view on the matter goes against their customers view points. Indian has an old school american image just like harley..............so I see their position in the market going up.

Credits
A Harley with out That Sound will be as effective as a chick scoring tool as Larry without his mullet.

none of that stimulating vibration either ...that make's 'em oh-so-friendly after the ride

one thing sure that won't be lacking though, is that stump pulling low end torque that only comes in gas motors with gigundo twin cylinders and long stroke.
easy to get that torque with lector motors

and it might be the first Harley that's "fo-reel" fast and uber smooth

..L.T.A.

Credits
In this part of the world even the 1% crew are stepping away from HD, not uncommon to see Banditos and Hells Angels and the ones you've never heard of on Ducatis and Jap twins and fours.
Few yrs back my brother got stopped by cops riding my matte black Kawasaki ZX12r through known Hells Angels area on suspicion of couriering drugs.. their reasoning "black performance bike most likely gang member" HD is viewed primarily as a pipe and slippers bike here

Credits
In this part of the world even the 1% crew are stepping away from HD, not uncommon to see Banditos and Hells Angels and the ones you've never heard of on Ducatis and Jap twins and fours.
maybe being upside down has something to with that??:icon_razz:

won't see many 1%'ers here on anything but Harley and a smattering of pimp'd Indians

Often they'll grudgingly acknowledge the Goldwing as a damnfine bike though

which brings us to the "pipe 'n slippers" crowd .
The "over 50" crowd with enough discretionary income to afford $20-25K+ on a bike...
That market is dominated by two brands ...Goldwings and full dress Harleys here

..L.T.A.

Credits
Triumph has made a massive comeback down here across whole lineup.
Can't say I've seen an Indian except a few ol classics
I think what hamstrings HD is they are a 1 type/style bike, lot of guys who are into bikes have more than ride
If a rider is brand loyal to Truimph he can have a sports bike, adventure bike, tourer, or cruiser all with a trumpy badge

Latest posts