Treating concrete for massive dog piss..

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I am doing a big WD on a house that a dog pissed all over on the carpet. We tore everything out and demoed a bunch of stuff.

Right now was can hose this sucker down good while it is empty. What is the best thing to treat this concrete before new carpet goes in?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Odoban is good and can get it at home depot since I know ur away from home. Dilutes at 2oz a gal but I would bump it up to 4-6oz gallon then seal with Binn primer sealer after its all dried.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If you are going to use a white pigmented shellac based sealer such as kilz, you are going to have better results with Zinsser "Bin" Primer Sealer.

It has a tighter micro size and will not allow the odor through. Kilz unfortunately will/can allow that odor through. Have seen it many times (last week as a matter of fact even after we told the contractor this)

Zinsser makes a lot of products, so make sure it is "BIN"

I have been told the micron size in Kilz is .015 and the micron size in Zinsser "BIN" is .005 (enough of a difference to not let that odor through)

Last edited:
Reactions: dgardner

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
There's a chance we will go back with tile. Sealing it may not be an option.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
This is a complete shot in the dark, but there is Unsmoke Unsoot #2 and it is an encapsulant that seals and protects surfaces from mold, mildew and bacterial growth. I wonder if it would be able to prevent the bacterial to grow on the concrete as it continues to dry and release moisture?

You could always call Legends Brands and ask if it can be used in that type of application because of your situation. Best bet would be to seal it using Bin if at all possible.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I did a bad shed a while back full if cars. STANK...... I used enzyme laundry detergent and peroxide booster in hot water and just buckeyes it in. Several hours later I went back and blasted / wet vacuumed it. All gone.

This is the process out local animal shelter uses too.

Grant

Reactions: matt30577

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Really sorry. Bucket is what I intended. Blind and phone touch screen and Auto Correct sometimes equals frustration.

Sorry.

I irrigate with enzyme laundry soap because it is a hard surface that is pretty damn resistant to everything except strong acids.

Did work really well. Local animal shelter does the same. Hope this response is better and more intelligible.

Only looking to help out.

Grant

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom