Tried the 2.5 almost to the wand and WOW!

Able 1

Name
Keith
One of my landlords called and said he had a water heater blow up and he needed me to suck out some water... so I got there and thought i'm going to try 100' of the 2.5 to a 4ft. piece of 2" to my waterclaw...

Anyway I waterclawed the two areas in question that were sopping wet then ran my glided ti over them very slow and the carpet felt drier then I've ever experienced with my TM... When I say dry I mean no wet socks dry! I know the pad isn't compleatly dry and there might be some issues there but the LL understands. (thats not the reason for the post)

What I want to know is over time have you guys noticed the 2.5 hose that you use everyday getting more flexible and more realistic to run right to the wand?

Thanks,
Keith

Mikey P

Administrator
I run it right to the wand when I'm parked right nest to the front door or I'm cleaning a rug in the drive way or garage.

Amazing and very annoying at the same time.

Way too loud.

Greenie

We have a few crazy guys that run a 10-12' leader, that wand is straight up annoying....but dry...oh man is it dry.

Greenie

admiralclean said:
GreenBean's just going by what he's heard, of course.

Ya got a week to hustle some money before the new batch of Vanifolds come back from the welder and Anodizing.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I ran it the same way as above (4 ft. whip) for a living room and a bed room today... Guys I think I'm addicted to this vac.!!

Keith

G

I can imagine the difference with 2.5 hose; Sort like opening the vortex flap on a jet intake; it allows for the over powered engine being held back by the small intake; make the intake larger; you increase thrust which increases suction. Same principle with any cc machine. I am gonna buy a 100 feet of 2.5 hose in about 2 weeks; I am just itching to see the difference.

Greenie; After I get hoses; gonna get me some glides.

Able 1

Name
Keith
rjfdube said:
I can imagine the difference with 2.5 hose; Sort like opening the vortex flap on a jet intake; it allows for the over powered engine being held back by the small intake; make the intake larger; you increase thrust which increases suction. Same principle with any cc machine. I am gonna buy a 100 feet of 2.5 hose in about 2 weeks; I am just itching to see the difference.

Greenie; After I get hoses; gonna get me some glides.

Get the glides before you get the hose or you won't be able to move your wand at least in my situation that is the case. What are you running?

Keith

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
We have a few crazy guys that run a 10-12' leader, that wand is straight up annoying....but dry...oh man is it dry.

Come on Greenie, work on some flexible 2.5" hose. There are many wimps as myself that would love you for it. I know you've said it's not possible but I' dsay , you can do it. :mrgreen:

Albert

Greenie

You don't think it's flexible enough?

Any more flexible and when you step on it, it'll fold, took 2 years to get it that flexible, what I started with (for those that remember the Black waste water dump hose) and todays 2.5, avail. through many suppliers now, it's totally different, better heat resistance too.

Time for a young buck on the truck pops.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
plenty flexible....

i just dont want that big ass thing in a housei am cleaning...

besides the last dozen houses at least i am cleaning, its within 50' to the front door and about 50' inside...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Greenie said:
You don't think it's flexible enough?

Any more flexible and when you step on it, it'll fold, took 2 years to get it that flexible, what I started with (for those that remember the Black waste water dump hose) and todays 2.5, avail. through many suppliers now, it's totally different, better heat resistance too.

Time for a young buck on the truck pops.

I guess the flexiblity is good just hard to manuver around stuff. Don't get me wrong I love the 2.5 and I also like the fact that you don't lose 5' when the wand hits the floor.

It is time for a young buck though next year for sure!

Keith

Greenie

that one was for chem-dry Albert, but hey, if the shoes fits...make it a warm fuzzy slipper please.

Name
steve snail
For those that know a boat load more than me; what is the difference from a 2"x50' to a 2"x25' to a 2"x10' whip? Is it that big? Seems like when I go from a 50 to 75 foot whip, one can tell the difference. Have been trying to use the 25 whip more vs the 50 footer.

Rex Tyus

I use a 12 foot 2" lead most of the time. If memory serves correct each 25' section of 2" eats 1 to 2" of lift availability. So the difference is staggering on longer distances.

A good rule of thumb, when your vac gauge is maxed out with the wand OFF the floor. Stop adding 2" hose. Your recovery is dropping significantly from that point on.

Mike Draper

Sissy's...............I run 2.5" in the house for the last year and it's never a problem. I run a 25' 2" whip so I can get around beds and dressers and stuff, but it's really no biggy havinn the big hose in the house. WE carry 150' of 2.5" on the truck and rarely ever use the 2" hose extesions. If I did mostly commercial I'd only run a 10 foot whip.

Greenie

So....time for the 2.5" wand?

I would think it would only be viable for commercial jobs, it would require a secondary handle to be comfy, I don't mind holding a 2" tube, but a 2.5" is something else, either a press. wash gun or a secondary 1.5" handle?
And it would likely be 14-16" wide, so do you think the carpet would dry any faster, or is it a waste of time.

I did have one dude ask to make a 22" wide wand, since i doubt it would be that usefull, I said why not just buy this 24" glided drag wand I have here if that is what you are after?
I think a 24" drag would have quite a few skip margins on CGD.

Mike Draper

Greenie said:
So....time for the 2.5" wand?

I would think it would only be viable for commercial jobs, it would require a secondary handle to be comfy, I don't mind holding a 2" tube, but a 2.5" is something else, either a press. wash gun or a secondary 1.5" handle?
And it would likely be 14-16" wide, so do you think the carpet would dry any faster, or is it a waste of time.

I did have one dude ask to make a 22" wide wand, since i doubt it would be that usefull, I said why not just buy this 24" glided drag wand I have here if that is what you are after?
I think a 24" drag would have quite a few skip margins on CGD.

Well with some studebakers on CGD dry times should be under 15 minutes so why do we need a 2.5" wand?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I got the orange 2.5" from greenie and I think it has plenty of flex to it. My blue 2" dont bend as much as the 2.5"

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If you are going to make a 2.5" wand with 2.5 inch hose from the truck to the wand.. Why not make it 18 to 20"... Of course that dictates having the right plumbing to handle the kinda of high flow we have come to expect from you Greenie.. But that would be one awesome high production wand. You might be able to compete with certain quality low moisture productions times. I would vote for a heavy duty Gun Trigger over a double up tube.

hogjowl

Idiot™
But please ... PULEEESE ... don't make another wand unless you design is so that the jets don't overspray the wands borders. I mean, why make a nice big 2.5 inch wand, with all that suck, and then make me still have to do drying passes to get the overspray?

Greenie

Funny you should mention that today, we've got a "fix" for the overspray, gonna send them out to all my GH wand guys next week. Will work on Titanium too.

Greenie

It's not that bad on residential, low nap carpets show it the most.

They are custom teflon splashguard extenders that literally Clip on, it's a real stout clip, you can dip the wand without ever having fear of scratching anything with the extended guards.

TimP

I only notice the over spray on cgd carpet with my greenhorn. And as far as drying with just 2" hose and my CDS restricted under driven blower the carpet don't wet my sock but just a slight bit if any. I don't notice it on my feet for sure when I go sock footed after walking in the yard with my shoes. And that's in humid ass Florida. I could only imagine what a strong blower with 2.5 hose could do with the greenhorn.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm now rocking it to the wand on all jobs where the rooms are empty of ALL breakables. The thing is, if it's it's better it's hard for me to allow myself to do it any other way.(and I know It's better!)

Buying the 2.5 was the best purchace I have ever made!

I do wonder when I buy my next TM if the conversion would void the warrentee...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom