Trinity vs Cimex ?

Steve Manier

I made the mistake of watching the Trinity video Brian posted in the John G Jigglin post...It's pretty impressive! I clean quite a bit of commercial carpet and exclusively use a Cimex...Would never use it in a resi but love it on commercial...Only problem I have with the Cimex is the "tiger stripes' or swirl marks (kinda looks streaky), which dissapear after vacuuming and traffic, but sometimes it just looks bad to me...I need to add another machine for commercial carpet so I have a few questions.

Is oscillating better than just a rotary?

I really like the shower feed on the Cimex...Can that spray system on the Trinity do as good of a job? I usually hit it with a pump up pre sprayer then shampoo away! The Trinity looks like it might save me a step with the pre spray but has no shower fed tank, is that good enough?...Hmmm....

With the larger pads will I still see those swirl marks? I know with the 175 rotary you get the side to side swirls but the trinity operates like the Cimex (forward, backward, wheels down, floating head) right?

I like just using fiber pads and get great results...Will using bonetts be any better? I like having the option.

If I get an OP machine it will probably be the Trinity because of it's HD and rugged look, and the thing just looks cool! I want something that if my customers see it, they dont think it looks like a toy that cant do the job...I want them confused, thinking WTF is that cleaning monster! LOL

It will either be another Cimex or the Trinity....Is the Trinity worth over 1k more than the Cimex? Please help me decide!

Thanks!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Steve I don't own the trinity. I own the Orbot with the sprayborg feature.

With that out of the way, I can tell you that the OP will always give you better cleaning results than Cimexing only.

It is sligthly slower to do larger areas and you will have to fill up more often because of the smaller tank than the Cimex. (I make it faster because I do have extra tanks for the Orbot which I fill them all up at the same time and just swap them out when one runs empty this way I don't run around filling up all the time)

Being able to switch from fiber pads to microfiber or cotton blends to absorb and extract the real dirty areas are a big advantage, compare to straight up encap with Cimex (i know Ricky G sells the lil' cotton pads for the Cimex but they are a pita to use- I have tried them)

You will be breathing in more fumes thanks to the sprayer applying the solution and bouncing particles off the carpet. But I guess if you already prespray then it doesnt really matter.

I don't think its neccessary to prespray before you OP unless its a super dirty carpet or there is extra amount of grease or whatever.
Having an OP like the Orbot is a really good option- just go down to Palomar Airport rd (Or go on Sycamore if coming from Vista) and hit the business park area behind the new Target if you have any issues and the Hruby guys will fix you up quick. I like the fact that they are local to us even if the Trinity is a good unit that goes against it that something needs attention it takes longer to get it resolved. (I had this happen before: doing a job in Carlsbad the Orbot took a crap and I left everything on the jobsite ran over to HOS and was back in business in an hour finishing the same job)

I never let the guys leave swirl marks with Cimex- if the carpet is the type that shows Cimex swirls we have the grandi brush to smooth it out while its wet. Its more work but looks better when you are done and never have to explain to customers about the swirls going away over time and traffic or vacuuming.

Op will leave swirl marks too but not as bad as Cimex.

Steve Manier

Thanks Zee!
Had no idea HOS was right here...Thats great!...I have looked at the Orbot also but have read some bad reviews about the spray system and handle... Have they fixed these issues with it? Otherwise I like the looks of it and the price isnt to bad either

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
They used to be in Ontario up near the I15 and 60.

Now that they are down here its much easier for me not to have to drive up there on the 15.

I don't have any problem with the sprayer at all..

The handle- I got the handle replaced with the newer style that doesn't have the cord wrap. I have no problems with it either. I absolutely love the forward style handle. Its very natural to the wrist.

Overall- the first orbot had gone thru jobs and billed out at least 70grand in business in 3 years.

Steve Manier

Zee, having both the Cimex and the Orbot, do you use them both together,same job, same time, or do you use them for different jobs? what kind of situations would you use one over the other? Thanks

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Unless the carpet is really bad and we can't get to it with truckmounts I wouldn't use both machines on the same job.

You could either do encap and pad "extract" right away with orbot or you could run a cimex only and leave it at that.

If its an encap job and being done regularly (like we do some -every 2 weeks) I don't see the need for padding after cimex.

If its a new account and more of a cleaning needed to get it in good shape I guess both machines could be used simultaneously.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Zee, having both the Cimex and the Orbot, do you use them both together,same job, same time, or do you use them for different jobs? what kind of situations would you use one over the other? Thanks
We will use both the Orbots and the Cimex's on a lot of jobs. We will use the Orbots in the heaviest soiled areas and the Cimex in the moderately soiled areas.

The Trinity is faster and heavier built than the Orbot, so the re is a reason for the price difference. If you do more commercial then you will be able to realize the advantage of the Trinity's speed more. If you do more residential I'd lean more towards the Orbot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom