Truck engine

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
What is the smallest engine you would require in a new truck? My current 1 ton ford has a 5.3. I see alot if 4.8 engines in vans now.:eekk:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I think it has a lot to do with all the regulations coming down on them on efficiency and pollution. They will all work for you. The smaller motors trying to be more efficient but will have to run harder from time to time on hills. On a good note, if you were looking at box vans with the smaller motor it will drop the gvwr to 10,000 lbs. if your state is money hungry like California is it will drop you under all the extra requirements and make everything a lot less expensive. Over 10,000 lbs California is even tied into your insurance and also requires higger coverages.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have a chevy with the 6.0 and one with the 5.3. The 6.0 has more onramp power, but the 5.3 does fine. Both vans have water tanks although the 6L is an extended.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I don't drive either one. My tech lead foot) says it doesn't rev as high before shifting. Does better job keeping it in torque band

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
5.9 cummins on my truck and trailer...

pulls 65 through a mountain pass on cruise :icon_cool:

never again will i go back to gas....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom