Truck mount install

Name
Swani
I'm going to start installing my Everest tomorrow. Has anyone had any success using a shop crane (Cherry Picker)? I just picked one up from Harbor Freight.
Screenshot_20221008-224306_Chrome.jpg

srd

Depends on what it going in, normal chevy express or ford e350 cherry picker isnt going to go high enough without the arm hitting the roof. Box van your not going to be able to get it high enough. Transithugh roof or medium roof maybe.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
The main thing that scares me about this is the weight is uneven when you lift it
that's a matter of positioning lifting straps appropriately

..L.T.A.
I bought a load leveler with my cherry picker. But I also picked up some straps. Like Larry said I think if I position it correctly it should be ok.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Lift it onto a stack of heavy duty blue skids with a sheet of plywood on top. Move the truckmount on skids with a pallet jack to the van. Slide the mount into the van with small diameter metal pipes acting as roller bearings. Think everything through before you act and it’ll work great.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I impulsively bought a used Promaster earlier this year because I thought it was a good deal, so I ended up impulsively buying a used Everest 650 that I also thought was a good deal. No rhyme or reason.
Thats awesome I love the Everest. I had one stolen last year (probably the one you bought jk) and I just replaced it with another one. I would love to try out the new 870ss everest to see if it is as good but I think the 650 is going to be the best in the longterm

Name
Swani
Thats awesome I love the Everest. I had one stolen last year (probably the one you bought jk) and I just replaced it with another one. I would love to try out the new 870ss everest to see if it is as good but I think the 650 is going to be the best in the longterm
The 870 is at the top of my list to buy. I'm hoping I can find a Transit T350 AWD and inatall the 870 in there. I'm probably a couple years out from that happening though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom