Truck Mount Issue (New Unit)

ciangura

Just wondering if any one knows what could be wrong with my unit. My dealer is 5 hours away and I am thinking of going to vegas and having it fixed, 1.5 hours instead.

Unit: Powerclean Freedom 47 with 10 hours on it. Just got back from fixing freeze plugs that were not tightened enough and a new heat regulator or something like that.

Problem: My unit after about 25 - 30 minutes shuts off and the water temp says 270 degrees, which is the manufacturer preset to shut off. Water dial set to 200. It was about 99 degrees and I have it in a trailor running with all doors open. If I turn the rpm's down to 26-2700 and put a fan inside the trailor the water temp is about 240. My dial for heat is set to 130 and I even ran it at 30 and the water temp stays at 240-250 according to the gauge.

one more thing: anyone know what rpm's is max on this unit.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I have a Freedom 47. Excellent machine.

Max rpm on mine is set at 3500.

I was told by PowerClean that the temp limit should be set at 250.

Your overheating situation probably has a simple fix, like reconnecting a loose wire from the thermostat. Call PowerClean, the phone number is on the front of your machine. They have always been eager to help me with the few minor problems I've had.

PS. I took all the body panels off of mine. It runs cooler and I like to watch what's going on.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I know nothing about this paticular unit But a automotive fan mounted on the unit would help to cool it. One of my local carpet cleaners was having a problem with his blueline shutting down when it got to hot, I told him about maybe rigging the fan and sure enough he said it helped. I learned about that on the boards. It amazing what you learn on the boards.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Problem: My unit after about 25 - 30 minutes shuts off and the water temp says 270 degrees, which is the manufacturer preset to shut off. Water dial set to 200.

This statement IMO sounds like a diverter issue since the machine is shutting down due to the water being too hot.

It was about 99 degrees and I have it in a trailor running with all doors open. If I turn the rpm's down to 26-2700 and put a fan inside the trailor the water temp is about 240. My dial for heat is set to 130 and I even ran it at 30 and the water temp stays at 240-250 according to the gauge.

From reading the beginning of this statement it sounds like overheating from the weather, but the last part of the statement would make me think you have a faulty thermostat.

By the way, I have a Genesis 59 and have dealt with similar issues also when it gets hot out. I would install an RV roof vent to evacuate the heat if you have a flat roof. I also have installed electric radiator fans on the machine to cool it. Its very easy to do. You could also try running the machine slower.

pcikeith

Greetings,

I am not a support representative but judging by your description it sounds to me like this is a very simple issue. Offhand I would guess that a simple adjustment to your thermostat or perhaps diverter is all that is required. I encourage you to contact our support personnel at (800) 378-0380 so that they can diagnose this and do whatever is required to correct it. Our hours of support are M-F 8-5 (Central Time).

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you!

Keith Schuyler
Vice President
PowerClean Industries

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
pcikeith said:
Greetings,

I am not a support representative but judging by your description it sounds to me like this is a very simple issue. Offhand I would guess that a simple adjustment to your thermostat or perhaps diverter is all that is required. I encourage you to contact our support personnel at (800) 378-0380 so that they can diagnose this and do whatever is required to correct it. Our hours of support are M-F 8-5 (Central Time).

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you!

Keith Schuyler
Vice President
PowerClean Industries

Wow, at least you got a company with superior customer service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom