Truck Mount Vacuums and hack dry bluz

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
First off, anyone read the latest issue of Clean Fax?

Nice little story on Gases used in cleaning and a pretty big verbal kicking of the Chemdry method, (he could use a little help with the rest of the article),

Also and interesting note little read about Air-Care's TruckMaster air duct Cleaning system utilizing a dust downer and the truckmount vacuum system with a rotating brush system. Kinda of neat and low space take up for offering an add on sale.

But it go me thinking more about the whole my vacuum is better than yours for prevac, and while I was staring at my shop vac for a while I was curious why any manufacturer has not come up with a waterless external filtration system that could turn the truckmount into the ultimate vaccum with out the need for sucking a bunch of dust/ or using up valuable waste tank space while running a dust downer.

With the nice high capacity filters on a shop vacuum and a high efficiency bag utilized I never get any blow by and I use it to clean up all of the soil dropped out of the area rugs which is pretty fine caliber, take the same concept filter system, remove the motor, add the truckmout vac hose to blow out port and develop an electric power head to dig the crab out and you'd have one hell of a dry vacuum with pretty large capacity, add a clear hide a hose between the power head wand and the vacuum line going back to your bagged filter and you could monitor all the crap you are getting out..

Just more curious thoughts while I finish this rug repair.. ( good money on a repair but damn 20 feet of hand securing fringes can be monotonous! )

rick imby

Name
Rick
I bet you a buck within the first ten times you use it you will run water through it having forgot it was on.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
dont know about the vac part but the chem dry slam article was great. made me all giggley

and he never actually came out and said CHEM DRY

i was surprised no one brought it up sooner

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The truckmount is great for vacuuming. I think the dust drowner is easier then an inline dry filter.

Do you really want to use the truckmount that depreciates at $12.00 per hour plus another $5.00 in fuel cost to vacuum? You could pay a chimp to push a Bissel for the same cost.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
The truckmount is great for vacuuming. I think the dust drowner is easier then an inline dry filter.

Do you really want to use the truckmount that depreciates at $12.00 per hour plus another $5.00 in fuel cost to vacuum? You could pay a chimp to push a Bissel for the same cost.

That seems to always be the counter arguement....I agree.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
besides the real value in a vacuum is the beater bar that vibrates that carpet. I don't believe the higher pressure vacuum will pick up a more soil. And it sure is easier to pull a cord around than a 2 inch hose

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
To those who said I wouldn't be using a beater bar.. go back and read the post again.... take a powered beater bar head like say:

http://builtinvacuum.com/powerb.html

These electric units,, but beef them up with a heavier brush/ beater bar, add a nice handle, and bam.

For a One person cleaning crew, a regular vacuum is fine.... but I invision a two person it would be great for, one guy could be start prespraying after the first room is vacuumed, by the time the guy has adgitated and presprayed far enough ahead, the vacuum guy would come back and start extracting and your prespray guy could start prepping the next few rooms.. or something like that.... (work with me fellas)

And yes I was invisioning something like the auto vac by Mytee but alot heavier built to handle the type of air flow that a truckmount could produce. I'd imagine, people like Werner or (muah) could vacuum alot quicker and still get all of thes soil out that we expect with a system like that.

A

amazingcleansc

no dude. take your TRUCKMOUNT and hook it up to a CERTIFIED PILE LIFTER and BOWAYAM! now youve got the shiz nit. you can name your invention after its founder, me.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Alright,,, now how about a dry filter between the truckmount and the pile lifter to catch all the crap you dig out instead of cloggin up your blower filters or having to use a dust downer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom