Truck Mount

N

NJ104

I am in the market for a truck mount and would like some advice on which one would be a good starter truck mount. I have searched and seen so many on the internet and of course they all say that they are the best in the market and blah blah LOL I saw one that is run on electicity which I don't understand, some say they are powered by the vehicle engine, some say that they capable of doing dual wands I am not that familiar with buying a TM I have used one awhile back but that is about as much as I know, So I trust all you to be able to give my some sound advice.

N

NJ104

I almost forgot how many can I run before I compromise the suction and the pressure.

Bjorn

hummmmm electric motor and components are powered by errrrrrrrrr electric motors

more than enough up to 200 feet with out booster

the carpet wont know what truck mount your using

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csGids5aFcIj]

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aMW14ZbAEj]

N

NJ104

where would you get the electricity?? if from the home owner where would you plug in a residential where the majority is 15 amp and I assuming that you will need more than that. or do you carry a generator and if so how much is that electric TM

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Make it easy on us and tell us what your budget is and then we can narrow down your choices. If you are not mechanically inclined, i would recommend sticking with a CDS.

Bjorn

yes 15 amp two I use the mytee dryer plug adapters come in real handy yes always have a Husky 6250 gen set from home depot around 600 dollars and it comes with a three year warranty

there are always times your not going to be able to plug in so it comes in handy and the other times you just plug in, either way you got it covered no big deal.

system base unit and waste tank with pump out runs around or just under 7k

if you need to add a heater little giant #2 or #3 extra depending where you are I can get you a deal on one.
along with hose, wand what ever you need.

One of the many nice things about my electric units are easy to fix and you don't get all oiled up or dirty

7/16 speed wrench hex driver and a Philips screwdriver are pretty much the only tools you need to change out and components

i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ-0XsanmJEi]

TimP

Electric you have to plug in multiple cords. Or have a generator in your truck. You can get power from dryer or electric stoves if you have a converter to 110 regular style plug. With electric you really need to have a LP heater to be competitive. Personally I don't see how you can get the suction and water pressure from 30 amps of 110 electricity (2 cords). But some claim they do.....

The king has always been a real gas powered truck mount. By either a lawnmower engine or industrial engine. You can go either heat exchange or fuel (propane, diesel) fired for your heat.

Many machines say they are dual wand but for a heat exchange machine you should have a 59 blower minimum and probably over 40 horsepower for heat. You want about 600+ cfm for heat exchange dual wand and at least 4gpm water flow. I'd like to think 500 cfm will do the trick non heat exchange like judsons c4.

If I was starting over again I'd look real close at a Judson machine, truckmountdirect.com. Accelerated, or TCS. All have low cost good performance machines.

If your heart is set on heat exchange look at the Sapphire machines, they have a low cost entry machine and everyone loves their design. If you want something simple to use and maintain then go with a clutch drive system, call bob vawter and see if he can get you one. Or get a butler, or what your local company sells...cds or a cleanco.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL Lee. I have a good starter only 3k. HydraCat with very low hours. Only used for restoration. Small machine good for resdential. Propane heat 100' hose and a wand.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A deal like John's would suit a newbie better than some more expensive choices. Perhaps a dealer closer to NJ, like Pemberton's would be worth checking as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn T...even I don't spam that much when someone asks what's the best way to get customers.

The carpet may not know what TM you're using but the dirt does....oh and so do your friends. :mrgreen:

N

NJ104

Lee Stockwell said:
A deal like John's would suit a newbie better than some more expensive choices. Perhaps a dealer closer to NJ, like Pemberton's would be worth checking as well.

Pemberton's ?????

Name
I'm Rick James
Buy something in your budget that maybe you can work on yourself if need be. Johns HydrCat are simple easy machines and little has changed in TM over the last 30 years. Its still an engine powering a blower and pump.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
as far as distance, if you rig it for 2.5inch hose, 300+feet (250ft of 2.5" with 50ft of 2") is more than you'll need if you're doing residential and some small commercial.

If you're not mechanically inclined, I would recommend becoming so, at least to a degree so you can work on whatever TM you buy. You never know when you need a quick repair in the field.

Name
Jesse
Learn what you want and need for what you'll be doing then decide what's best for you. The reason you'll see so many varying opinions is because we all run different business or have different perceptions of best.

If you need a truck mount right now, and you really don't know much about them, buy a popular name brand and have someone who knows about them look at it 1st, especially if you get a complicated machine. If you buy it with a van, do your due diligence and run it, drive it, and look underneath. There lots of pretty rust buckets out there, the guy who just painted it will usually tell you it's as good as it looks.

If you don't need it now, do research and really think about what your gonna need the truck to do, how your gonna fix it, how long you'll keep it, and how much your willing to spend on repairs over the course of the expected life. There are pros and cons to each truckmount and each van layout. Picking the wrong one of each or both can be frustrating or cause productivity issues.

There's lots to consider unless you can just afford the best whether you need it or not. If your cleaning commercial or ratholes heat can help alot. Big jobs or lots of tile cleaning need a big waste tank or a pumpout (if your want to use one). Some machine are reliable but produce low heat. Some are bad ass but finicky. Some are going to give better dry times. Some will be twice as expensive to run as another. Some will take up the whole van, some won't. You'll be able to fix some your self, some you won't want to. Some are easy for an inexperienced employee to run, some aren't. Some have very limited safety issues, some are dangerous if you leave the wand unattended without bypassing water. Some have proprietary parts, some don't. Some clean well at long distances, some are lame after 150ft. Some are loud, some are quite, some can be run quietly if needed. Some require you to keep your doors open, some you can lock it up. Some have saftey devises some don't. Some are easy to move (relatively) from one van to another some require the same model van or modifications. Some will leave you smelling like exhaust some won't at all. Some allow a van divider for the driver, some kinda don't. and on&on........................................

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
$11,000, complete with reels, hoses, wand and shipping:

It will easily clean 400 feet from the truck.

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4xwj7V-V42]

Name
I'm Rick James
Duane Oxley said:
$11,000, complete with reels, hoses, wand and shipping:

It will easily clean 400 feet from the truck.

g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4xwj7V-V4g]

How come you have two mufflers and not one? Is it possible to convert both exhaust into one if using none HX machines?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
How come you have two mufflers and not one?
Brent....sound produced by a rotary lobed blower act as a sine wave...peaks and troughs........it takes TWO expansion chambers to knock the peak off each wave..........on my Genies..you can see one at the machine(the pretty ceramic coated one) and then theres one UNDER the truck as well!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
brent said:
How come you have two mufflers and not one? Is it possible to convert both exhaust into one if using none HX machines?

3 reasons...

1.) Two are quieter than one.

2.) Also, either of them is large enough to handle the airflow with no back-pressure concerns. As a result, when 2 are used in parallel (i.e., not one after the other, but side by side), the chance of back- pressure becoming a concern over time is virtually eliminated.

[center:22iy9sbu]This is "key", because back- pressure affects vacuum. All of the systems I design have over- sized vacuum exhaust plumbing
(the blower exhaust manifold is 3" square tube), to eliminate back-pressure concerns.

As a result, unlike most HX systems which restrict blower airflow in order to generate more heat, or, more consistent heat,
these systems "breathe" much better and have better vacuum for a given blower size.[/center:22iy9sbu]

3.) In addition, to have a single muffler that has the ability of the two combined, it would have to be much larger and change the size and shape of the system. So, doing it this way makes the system more compact.

N

NJ104

with those mufflers can I put stacks coming out of the van's room I am just saying it would look cool I am not sure how practical it would be but still would look bad a..

how hot can I get the water I was watching the vid that someone put on he said 180 degrees I would like some where in the range of 230 maybe plus

TimP

NJ104 said:
with those mufflers can I put stacks coming out of the van's room I am just saying it would look cool I am not sure how practical it would be but still would look bad a..

how hot can I get the water I was watching the vid that someone put on he said 180 degrees I would like some where in the range of 230 maybe plus

With the machine in the video I'm sure you can upgrade to a 4ht lp heater which will do 230-240 all day long on a high flow wand, and 240 easy on a standard flow. That would do it for you. Or you could get a diesel/kerosene fired heater that will easily throw 270 all day long. I'm sure Mr Oxley has many options for you.

Keep in mind no entry level heat exchange machine is going to produce 230 sustained even if they advertise that it will. An 18-20 horse heat exchange machine just wont do it. My machine wont sustain it but when running for a long time in the summer and the engine is keeping 210, 195 is where it's supposed to run so it's starting to over heat (I run a clutch drive/pto machine) of course with the salsa system even then if you run solution constant it wont keep 230 for sure, I'd say it will drop to around 200.

Also keep in mind 230 is probably all you need. Unless you're doing very long hose runs. 200' plus I'd say. More than 95% of homes can be done with 100'

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
NJ104 said:

For that kind of heat, I'd suggest a Predator Unleashed, or a Dominator. Either can give you 240 degrees and do it at high pressure and flow.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7JNsSZQcxcp]

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InaQsi1lNiUp]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom