Truck tour

Mikey P

Administrator
with a name like Gene Miller I pictured you for a crotchety old fooker like Steve Lawrence...lol

How old are you Gene?

How many trucks?

How many jobs completed per year?

Home office or shop?

Top five marketing resources?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Gene, what a great, well thought out arrangement! I really like the Unistrut + Lowes hooks hanger setup, and the weight distribution placing the fresh tank, machine, and waste all basically on the centerline. You mentioned removing the factory fitting off the blower and replacing with one you had fabricated. It looks like your vac relief was on that fitting. Did you add one somewhere else?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The vac relief was moved. I really don't like it so close to the blower. They don't use stainless and it's just a matter of time before something comes loose. It's on the tank and while I know that's not the best place it works fine.
with a name like Gene Miller I pictured you for a crotchety old fooker like Steve Lawrence...lol

How old are you Gene? 53 although most don't believe it.

How many trucks? I just run one truck. I'm not smart enough or driven enough to run more. I have a friend I send my overflow to. I also have someone I send floods to who almost always pays me 10 percent which is nice for just a referral.

How many jobs completed per year?
We do an average of 27 jobs a week. I work Monday - Friday with maybe 3 Saturday's a year. I take off all major holidays and the day after if it falls on a Thursday. Not sure how many jobs that is a year.
I still do my taxes by hand even though I have quick books I have never used it , So I have no clue about total numbers.

Home office or shop? I have a home office on the kitchen table currently which is an upgrade from the garage.

Top five marketing resources?
I don't market anywhere and you'd be hard pressed to find me on the Internet. No website or phone book ad other than what's free. In Boca Raton and the surrounding cities most community are guard gated and have their own websites. I am listed on nearly all of them which really brings in business because only homeowners can place you on it.
I did a commercial when I first started and I wish I could find it. It would make for a great laugh. The best marketing I ever did was a newsletter. Every month I sent the same community a small newsletter I wrote myself. It was just local news with some helpful hints. I never advertised in it except my company name and phone number. After about a year I was in there almost every day doing multiple jobs. Today I did 3 in a row in the same neighborhood because of that kind of strategy.

Gene

Name
Brad Gouveia
Your sprayer (over priced Pepsi sprayer)... if you are using a powder chem does it get clogged much?

It look like it is only 2 gallons so you only are getting one gallon of prespray. Are you having to keep filling it a few times on larger jobs? Why not get a real Pepsi sprayer?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Your sprayer (over priced Pepsi sprayer)... if you are using a powder chem does it get clogged much?

It look like it is only 2 gallons so you only are getting one gallon of prespray. Are you having to keep filling it a few times on larger jobs? Why not get a real Pepsi sprayer?
the sprayer looks professional which i like and no it doesn't clog. the powder completely dissolves. we fill it almost to the top so 1 1/2 gals. yes on large jobs we refill it. just takes a minute. i have a line that runs off the water tank right by the prespray. the heavy rubber bottom keeps it upright even loose in the truck.

gene

Name
Nate W.
the sprayer looks professional which i like and no it doesn't clog. the powder completely dissolves. we fill it almost to the top so 1 1/2 gals. yes on large jobs we refill it. just takes a minute. i have a line that runs off the water tank right by the prespray. the heavy rubber bottom keeps it upright even loose in the truck.

gene

I was looking atthe 3gal one from PDS... Yes, its pricey but I'd like to use it for protection only... If you left protection in sprayer and rinsed the spray wand every time you used it, do you think it'd clog? I want a protector only sprayer... I don't like spraying it through my omni sprayer, as it takes too long to flush and rinse it..

I think Ashley Mckendree used CO2 to charge it instead of a compressor...

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-24289-3-gallon-tank-sprayer-w22-wand.aspx

Name
Brad Gouveia
I use a 12v tire compressor to do mine it takes a few minutes I just let it run while I am setting up... CO2 is getting kind of pricey around here $40 a 20 pound bottle. All the pot growers are driving the demand.

I would recommend trying different tips if your using it just for protector as it really does spray very well. I think it would be putting too much down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate The Great

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I was looking atthe 3gal one from PDS... Yes, its pricey but I'd like to use it for protection only... If you left protection in sprayer and rinsed the spray wand every time you used it, do you think it'd clog? I want a protector only sprayer... I don't like spraying it through my omni sprayer, as it takes too long to flush and rinse it..

I think Ashley Mckendree used CO2 to charge it instead of a compressor...

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-24289-3-gallon-tank-sprayer-w22-wand.aspx

I don't think you will have to clean it out after spraying. It might depend on your protector. I use 2-1 masterblend and it never clogs the tip of my chapin. I was also going to get the 3 gallons for protector and get a wrap for it. You can get a 12 v pump that will fill it in less than 60 seconds but I burned it up after a few months. They aren't designed for commercial use. I'm sure they have better but I already had the inverter and compressor so I just used it.

Gene

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom