Truckmount appraisals Please

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Here are a couple of used units I have been looking at. Please let me know what you think they are worth. I want to see if I am way off with my offers.

TM #1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Frankenstein unit built by Mikey Brummett (and Leon I’m guessing.) Very simple, good heat and suck. Similar to Chem-tex or Amtex units that will melt down if you don’t cycle water.

TM#2
http://topeka.craigslist.org/tls/1772906653.html
White Magic Pro 1800. Well maintained and easy to get to everything. I would end up reengineering it a bit because the 56 blower is chocked down to 2” with lots of bends. He says it holds 170-190 F well but I think I could get more heat out of it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Doc Holliday said:
Keith with the White Magic also has a 10-year old RX-20.

I'd take the White Magic over homebuilt.

Yea, I offered more for the old WM pro 1800 then the newish homebuilt. I also made an package deal offer for the WM, RX-20 and a water softener.

BACK TO THE POINT, HOW MUCH WOULD YOU OFFER FOR THESE UNITS??????????

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2700 hours is not a lot for liquid cooled, but air cooled? You're closing in on short block time.

10-plus years old, I don't know what it's real value is but I wouldn't give more than $3,000.00 and I'd only do that if I needed it.

Mike's unit has new components, but with no real hours on the machine and no history of building units who knows if it can really clean.

Skip that one.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
ACE said:
Here are a couple of used units I have been looking at. Please let me know what you think they are worth. I want to see if I am way off with my offers.

TM #1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Frankenstein unit built by Mikey Brummett (and Leon I’m guessing.) Very simple, good heat and suck. Similar to Chem-tex or Amtex units that will melt down if you don’t cycle water.

TM#2
http://topeka.craigslist.org/tls/1772906653.html
White Magic Pro 1800. Well maintained and easy to get to everything. I would end up reengineering it a bit because the 56 blower is chocked down to 2” with lots of bends. He says it holds 170-190 F well but I think I could get more heat out of it.

They are both way over priced for what they are. Home Built needs to stay at home or offer $2500 the parts are worth that when it vibrates to pieces. The White Magic is a very "old" unit when you think about the life span of a slide in. That pump is obsolete and that 25hp turning the 5.6 you know it has been rode hard and put away wet. I woudn't feel ok selling it for 6k unless I was offering hoses, reels, wand etc. As it sits $4k would be a fair market value (I'd pay 1500 for it, strip it down clean it up and sell it for $4500 with hoses and wand)

Sight unseen I would say the White Magic we be the less risky of the two.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Thanks, I guess I wasn’t to far off with my offers.

I offered $1800 for the homebrew. The parts are worth that for sure. I don’t think Mike did a bad job. It is every bit as good as a Chemtex that sells for 12K. That water bypass cooling / Not cooling enough unit just is not for me.

I offered $2500 for the WM knowing that the engine will need replaced soon. I like how simple the unit is and how everything is easy to get to. Lifespan of the unit? It’s like Les says it well run forever as long as you keep fixing it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Doc Holliday said:
Here you go, this fits you like a shoe.

Just change the number and you're ready to roll, plus you're within driving distance. :wink:

You forgot to post the link. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom