Truckmount as a Dustless Sander

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

Has anybody here ever used a truckmount attached to a dustless belt sander? Of course a dustdowner would be needed, but otherwise are there any comments?

Thx,
Dale

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what Doug said

why burn a gal or 3 of fuel and put wear and tear on a $15 to $20K+ TM for what a good $100 Rigid shop vac will do?

not to mention the POUNDS of saw dust sludge in your waste tank

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'll be using my tm tomorrow to suck the leaves out of my pond. I could use a wet vac but you have to keep stopping to empty. 10 minutes with the tm or 2 hours with the vac. I wouldn't use it for anything dry.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
A dustdowner goes inline with your vac hose and connects to your solution hose. it sprays a mist in the vac hose to keep everything wet.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Cool, so I guess the question would be what the true dustless wood sanding sytems use for a vac. I remember seeing some pictures of a guy sanding and hoses leading to his truck. I think it was Bokemi (wrong name but close). You'd think you'd need a big blower to make it as dustless as possible.

Albert

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh shit what a mess... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I wouldnt put stripper slop through mine, let alone saw dust....

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
u use dustless sanders, all my equipment hooks up to rigid shop vacs. i bought extension lines so i dont have to drag the shop vac around. and you can use the customers electric and not your gas to power the tm.

hope i helped.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Cands:

Isn't that what they call "the Bane Clene way"? LOL.

I thought TM's and truck-mounted dustless vacuums made such an image, that they brought more work?

BTW, I saw your website, and have to say, that you do some beautiful wood floor work

Thx,
Dale

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Dale said:
Hi Cands:

Isn't that what they call "the Bane Clene way"? LOL.

I thought TM's and truck-mounted dustless vacuums made such an IMAGE, that they brought more work?

BTW, I saw your website, and have to say, that you do some beautiful wood floor work

Thx,
Dale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom