truckmount heat

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I hear people talking a lot about high heat and with just over a week with my new tnt
I have to say anything higher than 240 degree heat has to be over kill and we have burn
marks to prove it. Is there something Im doing wrong because we can barely touch the
hose way to fu.. hot.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm no high heat guy, but parflex is insulated well. Big difference between that and the goodyear stuff.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
thats right warren 200 is plenty hot
over that its insane
you will get the hang of it
and not get as many burns

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Warren Wallace said:
I hear people talking a lot about high heat and with just over a week with my new tnt
I have to say anything higher than 240 degree heat has to be over kill and we have burn
marks to prove it. Is there something Im doing wrong because we can barely touch the
hose way to fu.. hot.

Goodyear/steel braid, right?

as far as screaming heat, from my observations, there's a pretty noticeable difference in cleaning efficacy going from 200 to 240.
there's little to no difference from 250 to 280

..L.T.A.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mr Crabazz said:
as far as screaming heat, from my observations, there's a pretty noticeable difference in cleaning efficacy going from 200 to 240.
there's little to no difference from 250 to 280
..L.T.A.

Ditto.

It's something you can have no real idea of, until you try it.

I sold a system to a guy in December, who was afraid to turn it up past 200 at the machine, saying that "That's plenty hot.". I kept encouraging him to try it at 240. Finally one day, he did. I spoke to him last week and asked him what temperature he's running now.

He said, "I keep it set on 230 to 240 at the wand." (I installed a gauge on his wand.) "You're right, it's amazing what difference that last bump in temperature made."

TimP

I'd say 230-240 ATM. You want it about 210 at the carpet. Like stated above you want something that insulates, parflex is good for that. There may be other hoses out there if you don't like thermoplastic hose.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we run 10 flow and can not handle the hoses at 200 much les than hold on to the wand
240 is insane
i wonder if my temp gauge is right
i bet it would melt a vinyl floor

Mike Draper

Doug Cox said:
Nobody without high heat will believe the difference until they have it.

Nobody with 2" hose will believe the difference until they run 2.5" hose.

Back
Top Bottom