Truckmount temp today in -11 below

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Was curious how our 2nd Butler was doing on heat in cold temps of -11 below.

We had a 30 minute drive to first job and took picture after prespraying 3 rooms, and just started first few strokes when decided to check. Was hitting 240 on the guage and by the end of the job hat pegged the guage over 240.

We were using a 6 jet Prochem Titanium with .02 jets. 50 feet of 2.5 inch hose and 50 feet of 2 inch.

Was quite pleased with the results.

Will try to shoot video someday to show as well. I know we would get more heat with lower flow, but don't think it would have the same punch at the wand.

2014-02-28100330_zps536fe397.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Is that all you can fit on those Butler vacuum hose reels? 50 ft of 2.5 and 50 ft of 2 inch?

I can fit 100 feet of 2.5 on the reel. I just carry in my 50 foot of 2 inch and also have another 2 sections of 25 foot 2 inch which I rarely use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6LkkmYwsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_moeD-7eg

Youtube is being slow to load, but here is a link to all my youtube channel with a lot of hose set ups we are doing as well as cold weather cleaning.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

Mark

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
i was wonderen if a butler would maintain the temp on a high flow wand?
i have my answer

Here is what it looks like when it really gets working...

2013-05-16115316_zpsf7b06d97.jpg

And yes that panel around the switches needs a good cleaning.

Hard to keep things really clean working in this environment. :(

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
How do you get the people to clean in that temp. I am not that busy here.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
How do you get the people to clean in that temp. I am not that busy here.

Its been slower here the past 3 weeks, but I think people just finally give up to the weather and get it done.

We keep our marketing and advertising strong even in slow times so people tend to think of us first. When others are not advertising and we are, we have a stronger presence. We just stay on task with marketing all the time.

Also, locally Facebook helps a bit for us to try and keep a fun presence.

We have a home show coming up in 3 weeks and we tend to be one of the only cleaning companies there. We make it fun so people come to see us.

Somedays it really does feel like you cant give a job away, but just stay steady and they usually will call....especially when the kids or pets get sick! :)

Mark

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I wonder what your ATW temps were, a true test IMO.[/QUOTE

Bill Soukeroff has a similar set up and with a lie detector in similar situations has seen around 210 at the wand I beleive...in the warm weather I am sure it is much warmer ATW. Either way we are still making steam in the home. With lower flow I am sure we could make more heat but probably less impact at the carpet.

Tempted to try the 4 jet Prochem Titanium as well someday.

Mark

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Why do you think the 4 jet might be better than the 6 jet?

Used Mikeys when was out with him. Might be a little less flow but did have good impact knocking the soils out.

I am wondering if I cant apply a little less flow with 4 jets, get impact and keep a bit more heat. My brother Kirk has been using a 4 jet wand lately with .02 jets. Using less overall water but getting good impact. He does not currently run 2.5 inch hose.

Thinking of experimenting as I always like to do. If it doesnt work, oh well!

Mark

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Mark is right, in those frigid temps I get 210+ at the wand and that is with 15 flow. I actually find that Butler loves high flow. When I bought my Butler, I had a long talk with their engineer about their heat philosophy. They approach things a little differently from others. The little things add up. Their heat claims on the Butler with Max/Heat Vac packages are the real deal. Also, they get that heat without restricting the blower, it is 3" all the way through the silencer.

My buddy has a SS570 and he can't believe how much more heat my Butler has.

With the Zipper, I am getting much hotter temps at the wand due to the vac ports always remaining in contact with the carpet.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark is right, in those frigid temps I get 210+ at the wand and that is with 15 flow. I actually find that Butler loves high flow. When I bought my Butler, I had a long talk with their engineer about their heat philosophy. They approach things a little differently from others. The little things add up. Their heat claims on the Butler with Max/Heat Vac packages are the real deal. Also, they get that heat without restricting the blower, it is 3" all the way through the silencer.

My buddy has a SS570 and he can't believe how much more heat my Butler has.

With the Zipper, I am getting much hotter temps at the wand due to the vac ports always remaining in contact with the carpet.

Thanks Bill and sorry for slaughtering your last name. Auto correct is terrible on my tablet!

Mark

Becker

Name
Becker

I've always really wanted a butler. That thing has hardly changed since I entered the the trade some 24-25 years ago. But I still find myself lingering at the trade shows near the butlers displays. I'll be replacing a van by the end of 2014 and would love to put a butler in to action, or a cds 4.8.

With luck I can visit a board member with a butler in the next 9 months.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If I love it Ill replace van 2 in 2015.

Talking to the rep at the MF10, they are offering zero percent financing on the van and the unit, even if you go a remanufactured Butler, which is incredible. Almost made me pull the trigger early to buy a new set up.

We have had great luck with ours or we would have been somewhere else with our business.

Where we clean, they have been the best units for our family and companies.

Mark

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

When I get into a rat-nasty, I pull out the PC Quad 4-jet. Seems to dig in better than the 6 jet Ti wand, even at 800psi. The Ti seems to clean easier on medium to high plush carpet naps. Both have slotted glides.
The Genesis has been holding 240* even in this sub zero environment. Might take a few minutes to get up there, but once we're at it, 240 is right there.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom