True steam cleaning

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Who here uses an actual steam cleaning machine, (NOT Hot Water Extraction), for cleaning fabric upholstery?

How does it affect white cottons, in regard to cellulosic browning?

Reason I ask is because elsewhere a person uses this equipment exclusively & puts down all detergents, especially encap products.

Interested to hear others comments, thank you.

:very_drunk: :yoda:

Name
jack zerkie
I read a long time ago that water boils @212 but real steam is 325 deg and my Hotsy guy says 325. Most of their units are for outside cleaning and requires stronger hose but I could be wrong. jz

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Pretty sure ya shouldn't expose the natural fiber higher than 150°. Could cause distortion.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
He's talking about vapor steamers. like some of the Dupray steam vacs. Because there is very little moisture, distortion is not much of a problem. I would like to try one here. I've seen the videos but real life is always different.

Reactions: DAT

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
He's talking about vapor steamers. like some of the Dupray steam vacs. Because there is very little moisture, distortion is not much of a problem. I would like to try one here. I've seen the videos but real life is always different.

Thanks Ron, that's the machine I was referring to.

Anyone had practical experience with them on natural fibres??

Thanks.

:very_drunk: :yoda:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You can use steam as a cleaning process, but I've not found it to be better/safer than conventional techniques.

If I have a grossly soiled synthetic, I'll use a steamer after I put an alkaline prespray on the fabric, and the results are pretty impressive. You have to watch for distortion on synthetic velvets.

You can also get some reasonable results on natural fibers, but I've seen some bleed or fade that wouldn 't begin to have a problem otherwise.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
you have to get a real unit which is about 2-5k to actually see the benefit from them.

a bunch of people in this industry have seen the shit one at interlink which is pretty much same water temp as a TM so theres no benefit

you want 300+ degress, continuous fill, chem injection and some nice ones also have wet vac. I have no idea how to use them on natural fiber upholstery though but usually upholstery is with a microfiber towell over the end of the tool

Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You can use steam as a cleaning process, but I've not found it to be better/safer than conventional techniques.

If I have a grossly soiled synthetic, I'll use a steamer after I put an alkaline prespray on the fabric, and the results are pretty impressive. You have to watch for distortion on synthetic velvets.

You can also get some reasonable results on natural fibers, but I've seen some bleed or fade that wouldn 't begin to have a problem otherwise.

I was concerned with Cellulosic Browning?

Any comment on that Jim?

Thanks.

🤔 :yoda::very_drunk:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Aren’t you a little old to be worried about this?
Just keep your underwear clean and let us young folks do the cleaning.

I AM NOT OLD.

SIMPLY MORE EXPERIENCED & still enjoying what I do as a hobby. 😉

:very_drunk::yoda:

Pigs fly.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom