Turned down a job today

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It was a guy who told me the carpets were cleaned by somebody else and the chemical smell was bothering him. He got a rug doctor and did his closet and now the whole house smells like dog. (I didn't get it either). He pulled up the rug in the closet and noticed a stain on the back of the carpet he swore was a pet stain. He had just moved in a month ago and was having problems with odors since he got there.

I go out and check the job. Not a horrible job cleaning, I didn't smell anything. This worried me. He was a loon I think.
I told him I didn't think I could do anymore for him.

Over the phone he said he was gonna have the manager pay for it.

This is one of those people who will cause problems later on no matter what.

He was ready to give me $200.00 to clean it again.
I turned the job down.

Not worth the problems.

I've seen this once or twice and fell for it. Not this time.

Rex Tyus

I think you made the right decision. When that little voice says NO and you do it anyway you usually end up in trouble. Good call IMO.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, good call!

I had a old lady call and I explained that I charge for moving furniture she said "well my husband just died and I'm 94 so I can't move anything." I gave in and said that "i'll do it even though i usually don't, but I will not move electronics."

Then she said "you don't use that steam system do you? The last guy that used that everything came back when it dried"

I still thought I could make her happy. Big mistake!

3 days after she said "you didn't move the tv could you come back and clean under it.
I told her that I don't move that stuff again. She called about a month after that and said that her traffic lanes all looked dirty could you come back and clean them again. The traffic lanes were just really worn, believe me I remember this one(you know the kind that drag there feet and have the two perfect lines down the hall). I just sent her back her money.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Keith, forgot who but someone here posted a similar situation a few months ago. The dude was there for hours and the old lady was still bitching. Funny as hell :lol:

Albert

Able 1

Name
Keith
I thought about that story too while i was cleaning.

To make it worse he had an old flyer of mine and i don't put experation dates on them because most throw them out so the price was way too low and took 25 min. to get there.

Funny, yeah thats what I thought! :evil:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Lester go to a printer around where you live and you will get the best deals.
first time I printed 60,000 or somthing black and white $2,400 ( but it was on this marble looking paper)
then I found my current printer 110,000 flyers all color and it was like $2,600 then this year I printed 55,000 flyers for $1,700.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom