TV Commercial Ad Copy - By Noon

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Big Billy gave me some good ideas. I am getting five bucks a spot for the CW. Please nobody lecture me about ad placement etc. I take what I can get and make the best of it because Dad doesn't trust me to purchase advertising that works.

That said --- Random placement on the CW

I can do 3 low budget ads. I will shoot them all on the same location. I will have 1.5-2 hours camera crew time, then dif voiceovers and editing later.

The first ad will run from Dec-Feb or Mar. It is going to be a (gasp) price point ad.

The next two will be spring/ Summer and a fall. (I might get four if I ask nice and they don't have to edit too much.)

What works for Busy season ads? and what works for price point ads?

Just a few suggestions if you can. If I use a dog it is going to have to be simple because I can't get a trained dog for this commercial.

Thanks

duckster

Re: TV Commercial Ad Copy - By 9am

sleeping baby lying next to resting but alert dog, camera pulls away and with a bay window in background, what is clearly your van pulling away, crewperson waving, dog and baby still in picture so we never lose focus on topic which is their protection and health. Can you get a Saint Bernard or other dog known for gentle protection like a collie (lassie)?

Now, work on voice over, that is the visual only. Some slogan that applies. "With prices starting at $x, etc etc etc."

"You will sleep better at night knowing they are safe from whatever yada yada yada"

"Ask to speak to (give a first name of the female or male answering phone). We are waiting for your call."

Sometimes commercials that say nothing communicate the loudest with the viewers mind providing the dialog pertaining to the image you present. Picture worth a thousand words and all that.

Sorry, rambling thoughts.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The copywriter wrote a good commercial involving kids and messes.... It will be mildly amusing, memorable.... but we are doing low budget production, so maybe not. Maybe it will look worse than the low budget commercials where the people are just yacking about how great they are.

Back
Top Bottom