Twin Blower Truckmount

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I run a #4 blower on my existing set up. I have a spare #4 sitting around and was toying with the idea of hooking it up as well, just for the fun of it.

Anyone know of a setup like this, or care to speculate what kind of results I might get...?

Cameron1

I had that set-up with a Steam Genie in the early eighties. It was two 3's in a parallel series. It was not any thing to get excited about.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
If i did it, i would run another waste tank over the OTHER wheel well.... run the blower off a Quad pully on the driveshaft which would make the blower turn opposite and plumb accordingly to the other tank... of course you would have ta run a Hydra Cell D-10 to keep up with four wands....and wit my two spare 47's it would be...

A true Quad wander!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The SplitSteam is a dual- blower system I designed and built. It had (2) #33 equivalents, running 15% overdriven.

The advantage of a dual- blower system is that it provides true isolation between the two blowers, which only matters if you're running them through separate tanks... or a single tank with 2 chambers inside. Of course, if you only run one wand most of the time, it's a waste of the airflow of one blower, unless there's a provision to connect the two in parallel and dedicate them to one wand as needed...

I can build one with (2) #36 equivalents.

As a slide- in, they need a large heater. As an exchanger, it's a rare one that can deliver that kind of heat...

Name
Jesse
White magic pro-2000. The blowers are both under driven though. They stacked the 2 blowers and drive the upper blower with 2 belts from the lower blower. The 2 waste tanks have 3 connecting points so you may use them individually or open the connections between them and drive your power to 1 wand off both tanks. By having 2 lower connections on the tanks you can fill them evenly. We converted ours to a single wand unit with a 2.5 from each tank to a 2.5x2.5" super Y. It works well that way

Back
Top Bottom