Twist lock belt from Greenie saves the day!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Pump Belt broke today in the middle of a job... had an OEM replacement on the truck but would have to pull a coupleing and fe aother things to replace the belt on my powermatic... Looked in my "Oh Shit! Box" and what do I find? A twist lock belt... 5 minutes & I was up & running again... If you don't have one... You should!

R

R W

Would those belts work on a blower drive? My Genesis has three matched belts, and they are a bitch to change.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I doubt it. If it the belts that I'm thinking of they are used in the woodworking industry because they eliminate vibration. They are a snap to install but they aren't designed for the pulsing that the blower who put them through. I think it was steamway that tried them years ago. They weren't very successful. I have been thinking about using it on my pump. It should be fine there.

Gene

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If they are these belts, then using them for multiple v-belt drives may be problematic as it would be very unlikely you would have identical matched lengths, making for poor equal power transmission.

For single belt drives, they work great.

5A547.JPG

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jeremy I tried using the link belts and it broke every other day.

Did fine with carpet for a few weeks then switched to high pressure for tile and snap.

Quick fix is great but put a real belt on as soon as possible.

Buy two wrap one in wire loom and electrical tape, hang it on the blower for next break.

cbcsi

I tried using some link belt when I had a belt break. It was just driving the water pressure pump, and not the blower.. blower was direct coupled to engine. It didn't handle the heat. Slide in 23 hp kohler with hx when ambient air temp is 98 or so gets hot even with all the doors open on the van. I got 3 hours or so before the link belt said "see Ya". I thought it was a great idea, just didn't work in the field. Might work good in a colder climate.

Greenie

I think there is a pulley/sheave issue with you belt breaker guys, I say that cause I too drove a pump with one, the same belt for well over a year, and cleaned tile as well at over 900psi, it held up fine.

And when it did finally let loose, it was just a spare link or two and back in action 5 mins. later...no tools,...well maybe a screwdriver to help roll the repaired belt onto the sheave.

It's absolutely worth having 30" of this on your truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom