two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate? How many wand jets is best?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
There are other options for jets...But your designing the newest best so go with what ya know -regards and good luck...

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Swani
I was running a 6 jet PMF Mach 15 at 9 flow and just recently switched to a 4 jet Dev (not sure on the flow) but I almost feel like my 6 jet cleans better.

Reactions: Papa John

FredC

Village Idiot
ChartFlow (3).jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
You say same PSI/ flow

and I assume you mean the overall flow of the wand. A 6 flow six jet wand vs a 6 flow four jet wand in which case the force/velocity/impact of the four jet would be greater overall (maybe) but ignores the fact that jets can be changed. The same "impact" (and water consumption) can be achieved with the wand with more jets by lowering the flow and increasing PSI (same water flow overall). That "impact" is arguably more effective and consistent because there is less loss because the pattern width is narrower and thereby more consistent (force). You ever pressure wash your driveway? What tip did you choose (or not) and why?

See the above chart even though it doesn't factor velocity or pattern width....it does however demonstrate the changes in flow/psi and of course, if you move more water through a smaller orifice at "x" psi the "impact" will be greater

*and then there is droplet size

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
six 01 jets=6 Flow, four 1.5 jets equals 6 Flow and two #3 jets equals 6 Flow...
less jets, same flow, more impact with fewer jets
#3 jets will give you more water with less impact.

Your goal should be around a #2 jet. Since you're designing a new wand, I wouldn't go any less than 3 jets. do you remember how successful the old prochem 3 jet wand was? Just a redesign of the head and making it lighter would overthrow all the other wands probably.

Back to the impact. I watched your coffee glass parable. you use more coffee I see. But no facts on the impact. So make it simpler: Pick up your garden hose, squeeze the trigger and feel the impact. Now take off the gun and feel the impact of the water coming out of the hose. more water, LESS impact. I think that goes the same with our jets.

I think you can go too small on our jets also. Debris from our Orings can clog our jets over time. That's why I don't like to go any smaller than a #2 jet. So a 3 to 4 jet wand with the jets in an offset position will kill the wand market.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
yeah Matt I added coffee to lie to my audience so that I could sell more jets, which I dont.

Maybe I should start selling garden hoses.
Idiot. I’m not saying you’re lying.

I meant you use more coffee by pouring in the last two cup from the original 6 cups

Your arrogance needs to calm down and take some positive criticism

I’ve owned several different wands in the last 20 years , cheap and high dollar so I know what I’m talking about

FredC

Village Idiot
I meant you use more coffee by pouring in the last two cup from the original 6 cups

Matt it is supposed to represent that the same amount of water (flow) is now moving through 4 jets instead of 6. In order to do that (same GPM/psi) the velocity of the water must increase equating to more force*

*some of which will be negated by the increased fan width

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
side by side observation demonstrated that a stock 6 jet Ti (06) flow needed to be a minimum of 450-500psi to equal cleaning results of an AW29 at 300-350psi (06 flow)

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Idiot. I’m not saying you’re lying.

Your arrogance needs to calm down and take some positive criticism

I’ve owned several different wands in the last 20 years , cheap and high dollar so I know what I’m talking about
I DID NOT add more coffee to my display, Matt

• Haha

jeffexe

Name
jeff

Wand jetting for third worlders

Mike I run two 02 jets on my Evolution and Sharpshooter wands at 450psi. I find they keep the heat up as well as do a sensational job cleaning and flushing carpets. I clean Restaurants, Common Halls, Apartment complexes and all types of residential carpet. No concern of fiber distortion. Uniform deep cleaning . No clogged jets. Never have an issue with cleaning either. Mind you, I believe in agitation and quality pre conditioners to prepare for extraction too. I have great experience with the butler 14 and 18" wands. They did a great job, but I feel the 2 jet with 02 cleans just as well with way less water consumption. Which to me is a very important part of cleaning. The AW29 is a great workhorse too. Just a bit heavy compared to its plastic counterparts.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike I run two 02 jets on my Evolution and Sharpshooter wands at 450psi. I find they keep the heat up as well as do a sensational job cleaning and flushing carpets. I clean Restaurants, Common Halls, Apartment complexes and all types of residential carpet. No concern of fiber distortion. Uniform deep cleaning . No clogged jets. Never have an issue with cleaning either. Mind you, I believe in agitation and quality pre conditioners to prepare for extraction too. I have great experience with the butler 14 and 18" wands. They did a great job, but I feel the 2 jet with 02 cleans just as well with way less water consumption. Which to me is a very important part of cleaning. The AW29 is a great workhorse too. Just a bit heavy compared to its plastic counterparts.
I prefer the ( modified) AW's head weight and S bend but those wands are excellent cleaners.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What people have to understand is if you use a single 06 jet, the spray is very coarse with large droplets that pound and penetrate the carpet. If you use 2 03 jets, although the amount of water is the same, it's now in a finer mist. Same if you go to 4-1.5 jets, the mist is even finer and has less impact on and penetration of the carpet. Same thing goes for the angle of spray. An 80 degree jet gives a more concentrated blast to a smaller area of carpet than a 110 degree spray.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom