Two hoses & a Y?

Frank P.

If your waste tank has two vac attachments and you can only pass a certain amount of air through a given hose diameter, how will putting a set of 2 hoses from the tank to a Y into another single hose increase your vacuum all that much. I don't know how many CFM's of air will go through a pair of 2.5 inch hoses that reduces to a 2 inch hose, but if you are using a single hose how much less air will go through? It seems that your 2 inch hose will be the limiting factor in the system no matter how many hoses you have going out of the waste tank. Please explain.

Frank P.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Well, you see,Ok I take a shot at it. hose barbs off the tank are approx.
1.65" inner diameter. inside of vac hose 2", so the barb cuts down air flow
hook 2 2 inch hoses run out 50 ft from van into a Y and a single 2" 50ft hose to the wand increases available cfm to the wand. It will make it seem like you are running 50ft from the van not 100 ft....It also helps to keep water clear that accumalates in hoses. A single 2.5" hose (instead of 2 2's and a Y)with adaptors can do the same thing. INCREASE AIRFLOW. I run the 2" hose right now but will get the 2.5 soon.
Call greenie or joe and talk to them.

Mister Sir

G

yep. i can't explain the numbers..
I try to KISS.. I have to.. I'm not a TM lingo type of guy.

I traded JOE a couple of Butler wands.. and he sent me what he said would be a difference. I also checked with GREENIE.. and to GREENIES demise.. there was nothing on his website about wands, hose.. etc
Just glides.

And thats been brought up on this forum in an earlier thread. lol

I can attest that its not noticeable.. but very very noticeable. But I too switched to a 2'' tubed wand.

My Butler runs more relaxed.. I run the 2 2'' hoses to a Y.. then my first 50' is 2.5''.. cuffed to a 2'' hose to my wand. Most of my hose runs are under 125'.. normally around 100'.

My HG'' dropped to about 13'' or so.. (

I cant really tell you life, cfm.. etc.

but I can tell you it works.. my TM breathes easier if you will,, dry times and flow are both very much increased.. and I feel its a better clean.

Dont ask me.. But IT WORKS.. BIGTIME..

I think i did about 500.00 in upgrades.. wand, 2.5'' hose.. 2'' hose.. all cuffs.. etc.

Thats nothing for what we charge.

I should be smacked for not believing and procrastinating. and as MIKE said.. when you have flow and vac.. it makes ya want to leave the rotary tools in the van (except a rotary for mech agitation). he was right.

G

Nothing like buying some drywall screws and sewer elbows from Home Depot...

Chad

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
So, is the new bad guy Joe Bristor? Seems I have heard negative things about him a few times here. Whats the deal? I love his cool cuffs.
Al

G

Al.

joe is a great guy with great products.
Ditto for GReenie.

One person gets their toes ouched because they don't 'watch their feet.. .. and they try to turn an industry against the guy or company..

We all have seen it. If people dont like JOE.. turn in your coolcuffs.. 'back the smack'.. but we know that ain't happening.. and theres a term for that.. isnt there? HYPOCRITE

Dont believe much when it comes to personal attacks on here. Be a 'free thinker'..

Call Greenie and Buffalo Joe.... and talk to them. (not about their disagreement behind the scenes.. as thats all hearsay.. and one sided)

But talk to them.. about their products.. and come up with your own impression.

Thats the fair thing.. and what I would do. As we know.. what works for one.. may not work for you.. and thats not right or wrong. just your style.

Fair enuf?

Rock on buddy.

G

What a letdown...

after reading the subject I thought this thread was going to be about a 3some!

Greenie

It's not a popularity game, buy from who you choose, lord knows we sold a heap of those coolcuffs when we carried them.

On this issue at hand, it's LIFT that you are gaining from the larger hose, or more accurately you are regaining lost lift that was there all the time but was being reduced by the smaller hose.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Lift :shock: Cfm. Got to have both! More vac and air movement is what were after. Pick it up and move it out!!!! :wink:

Mister Sir

G

Look at the Y...It explain it all. Its not who likes who. I have 20 some of Joes Cuffs.

Not a one was bought from Greenie. They were bought from JWC and Barker.

Chad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom