UD service help needed - Transmission Fluid Temp light

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have a 2006 UD with 34k miles. While driving down the interstate today about 6pm, "A/T Oil Temp" light came on. Wouldn't shift into 3rd gear or go over 45 (was 3000 rpm). I slowed down to 30 mph for about 5 minutes and it went off and began shifting normal.

It came back on right before I got to my commercial tonight. Manual says to let it idle high. Did that, but nothing. Trans fluid is right on. Is there a seperate fan? Maybe it went out so light stays on. Won't go out of 2nd gear and exhaust break won't engage.

Had to drive home 40 miles at 35 mph.

WTF is going on? I will call UD in the morning, but thought I would see if any one has dealt with this before.

Thanks.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Bryan, Take your garden hose and back flush your radiator. When you are sitting still operating the unit the fan is pulling dirt up against the radiator with out the air movement to push it through. Eventually they start to clog up the fins.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Your Aero-Tech....is "RebEllInG" against you.... :shock:
I TOLD you not to SuB-ouT....to COLE... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Check the GVW..on that UD...As much Bar-B-Que..as you eat..you probably have exceeded
IT'S weight capacity..... :wink:

If you can't figure it out...give me a call.... 8)

Ps..My Dad has made a FULL RECOVERY.... :D

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mike, Ron - thanks.

It was a bad temp sensor switch. Having overnighted from TX, will be fixed on Monday.

I finally found a UD service place to help. No UD dealer for 80 miles either way. The other big truck shops don't want to work on them. Under waranty. 8)

BTW, anyone have a broken dump tank float with a good micro "sensor" (the black box with magnets). I have a good float with a bad sensor.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
dealtimeman said:
glad to hear that you have identified the probrem. which sensor is it? upper or lower?

NOt sure about upper or lower, but it was the exterior switch. Pretty simple fix, but encouraged me to change my trans fluid early 8)

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom