Ugh..polstery

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Got an insurance job coming up, its a velvet made from 55% cotton and 45% viscose off label

custy dropped raspberry dessert over it and then blotted it up (most of colour has gone) but has left fabric matted.

Looking to mist with acid rinse, rinse/extract and groom multiple ways
20200706_142626.jpg

dont "think" will be a problem, any other suggestions?

20200706_174714.jpg

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
Make sure to get someone to sign off on this. Cellulose browning is going to be a major factor if you decide to go with HWE. The durability of these fibers also become very weak when wet. Also becareful to not leave tool marks so grooming before the velvet dries is going to be key. Brush across the nap, then against it. Then when it's almost dry brush across again, then with it. Using a airmover is a must. These are notes I took @Jim Pemberton upholstery class. I follow it exactly and it hasn't let me down. If you get there and the fibers appear to be clean and the only issue is matting you might wanna try grooming only with a recipe I have for Velvet Soft that I got from Jim. I don't have it handy but you can PM me if you'd like it. If there is red stain remember that steam can distort the fibers.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nothing to add to Nick's advice.

The main thing is not to let this become your problem.

Reach out to me if I can help in any other way.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Inspect cushions for uph marks ,cover with saran wrap.3 ways against the grain follow with fourth and final in nap direction lay.Extra air movers and do a fabric shrink if able...But force dry and cotton towel arms well for extra moisture removal...Good Luck...

Reactions: Hack Attack

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Also use your pre spray wisely .Use of a foamer nozzle and horsehair brush will destroy oils faster .Controlled drying is your friend here...Light rubbing with white cotton towels.No microfiber to strong synthetics will shred the cottons.Also remember if it has been exposed ovr years to heavy sun areas.Listen and feel back -sides and worn area's.If brittles or unsoft and stiff.be very careful...Low psi,medium heat...should pop perfect...Craft paper for cushion drying with 2 air movers .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom